The DEATH METAL Thread

The fact that it was sarcastic is what made Flo and Frank post against you.

Oh, lol sorry, actually you are right, I forgot it was ALREADY sarcastic :lol: I meant it in a "Inb4: YOU'RE SO COOL" way, didn't put the inb4, though it was evident. Why is there a fucking mess always going on with all my fucking post :Smug:

0jokerclapavyry9.gif

I'm not a huge fan of death metal as a whole, but I do love this Nile song:

Nile - Sacrifice Unto Sebek

When they first released it, I literally watched it at every possible opportunity because I loved both the song and the video so much!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm having a hard time with vocals, I love Opeth's hard vocals but I don't enjoy Nile's or Necrophagist's vocals, I tolerate them but I just don't like them that much, I know one day I'll appreciate them.

I understand how it can sound shit, because I thought so at first too, but after focusing on the guitar parts only, the liking for the vocals just came from nowhere, subconsiously without even realizing. Now everytime I listen to Epitaph, I love the vocals too, aswell as the stupidly insane solos.

It's all Metallica's fault, I grew up listening only to them and it costs me this trouble to get into every other type of vocals, I'm starting to appreciate a lot more music now though.

I understand how it can sound shit, because I thought so at first too, but after focusing on the guitar parts only, the liking for the vocals just came from nowhere, subconsiously without even realizing.

Yeah, like most of the type of vocals. Same thing happened to me for Children Of Bodom when I started listening to them. Same thing for Dream Theater.

I know what you mean, since I started off with Metallica too, aswell as Guns N Roses, Papa Roach, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park. So getting into COB was slow at first. My friend played WARHEART to me and I hated it because it was too similar to black metal and I didn't like the blast beats, but I downloaded some more at home and gradually got more and more into it.

If you want to like something, just give it time and it'll come.

:lol: @ ''the stupidly insane solos'' in your previous post :lol:

Really nice vid you posted there Mitch, kickass Nile song. I only miss the bass player there, but I supose it was too much, :lol: George Kollias is fucking awesome, he's playing blast beats and fast double bass and everything and headbanging like a motherfucker at the same time, :lol: (check 1:50 more or less)

About the vocals part, I think it's normal. Almost everyone starts hating them and then ends up liking them when you start getting more into it and already like the music. I came from a reallyt weird background mix (Metallica+The Offspring+Dover+spanish punk+Dire Straits+country), and still vocals were the part that kept me away from loads of metal at first. My first bands were Sonata Arctica and Children Of Bodom. I liked COB's guitar work immediately and then vocals didn't take much longer to come, so I kept going. F.e. from Nile I remember that the first time I heard them I was like ''holy fuck this is shit I can't understand a damn thing of what they're playing or singing!'' but then a year after I picked up Annihilation Of The Wicked again and my opinion fliped to ''WTF how came I've missed them? They're fucking great!'' and atm they're my favourite death metal band, closely followed by Poland death titans fucking Vader :kickass:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I've been progressing a lot lately, I remember the days when I thought Korn had the most br00tal singer evah :lol: Lamb of God helped me a lot too, I just bought Epitaph from a friend so I guess in 2 weeks I will like those vocals too :p