The food thread.

Yesterday my after school snack was a microwave burrito, leftover chicken, a bag of funnyons, two cookies, a donut stick, and a glass of milk.

theres no tequilla, so it cant be a real margarita...

anyways, tonight:
saffron rice w/ jaipur veggies and an egg or two
~gR~

Tonight I made a milk-based oyster stew, which is something my mom usually does on Christmases at the house. I just decided to give it a try since I found some oysters for cheap at the grocery store, and it came out pretty good (hard to fuck up, really). Ingredients: canned oysters (including the juice from the can), milk, butter, garlic and pepper.

I just almost threw up reading that post, but I guess that doesn't matter since I don't have to eat it.

Tonight I made a milk-based oyster stew, which is something my mom usually does on Christmases at the house. I just decided to give it a try since I found some oysters for cheap at the grocery store, and it came out pretty good (hard to fuck up, really). Ingredients: canned oysters (including the juice from the can), milk, butter, garlic and pepper.

Throw that over some linguine.:kickass:

ive had oysters with cheese, bacon and some kind of herb. on a bed of salt. it was called Rockefeller Oysters. dee-lishous.

Today i will try something new. I will eat a human being. He was a homeless guy so no one will miss him anyway. I have chopped him up and all, but the meat is full of tendons, i don't know how to cook him. I've been thinking about marinating the thighs with sea salt and rosemarin pepper, anyone tried this?

Throw that over some linguine.:kickass:

Not a bad idea. I'd have to give it some thickness though. Maybe on the next batch I'll go easier on the milk.

ive had oysters with cheese, bacon and some kind of herb. on a bed of salt. it was called Rockefeller Oysters. dee-lishous.

Heh. One of my apartment mates was telling me about Oysters Rockefeller last night, and how great it was. I was actually planning to attempt that next time I cook them.

I had to Wikipedia what a roux is. Apparently I've just learned a major element of culinary theory.