The food thread.

tonight is my "sugar and spice" pork w/ sweet potato

i used a mix of cocoa, sugar, ginger, nutmeg, chipotle pepper, and paprika. most that came premixed, i just added the nutmeg and ginger, to see how it would taste. it compliments the mix well i think and it also helps connect the two foods, since i use cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg on my sweet potatos frequently

too bad i dont have a proper beverage for this, so mt dew it is. i need to get a dark beer with some spices. or eggnog! i shoulda got some today
~gR~

mmm made a Pearl Barley Risotto ( with procini powder and marscapone) with a Beef Tenderloin and a Madeira SAuce( Cracked pepper/wine sauce)

Tenderloin and Madeira, nice! reminds me of my restaurant :).

Just made myself a nice chicken breast seasoned with rosemary, salt and pepper and lemon sauce. Side dishes included roasted fingerling potatoes and pilaf rice.

breakfast:
scrambled eggs w/ canadian bacon
seasoned with: sea salt, onion salt, garlic powder, cilantro, parsley
~gR~

^I make something similar to that only with mexican cheese, green peppers, salsa wrapped up in a tortilla. Breakfast burritos own.

yeah, i dont usually keep peppers and cheese in the house heh. i should have put in some onion and mushrooms this morning though. totally forgot that i even had those
~gR~

Everyone seems to be such a gourmet. Nine times out of ten it's microwave food for me, not that i prefer it but because i can never be arsed to make real food, it feels too lenghty. Once in a while i make some macaronies and sausage or go visit my parents and eat but otherwise it's microwave.

there are times I think Southern breakfast is the best food in the entire world.

You can make something like this yourself, or you can visit the mecca which is Waffle House.

- 3 eggs, overeasy
- Bowl of grits, with cheese
- Hash browns, with cheese, ham, and mushrooms (note: no onions)
- 2 strips of bacon
- 2 round sausage things
- 2 biscuits with sausage gravy
- 2 pancakes or waffles
- Tall glass of milk
- Tall glass of orange juice

If I can't have some kind of crazy musical martyr's death I might as well helm my demise myself.

but right now I just have a grilled cheese sandwich. Which is also pretty amazing on it's own.

Everyone seems to be such a gourmet. Nine times out of ten it's microwave food for me, not that i prefer it but because i can never be arsed to make real food, it feels too lenghty. Once in a while i make some macaronies and sausage or go visit my parents and eat but otherwise it's microwave.

good food makes life worth living
~gR~

I like food indeed, it just rarely feels worth the trouble when you live alone. A solution would be to get a girlfriend so you could take turns making food but then i would just be together with her because of the food.

yeah, food is such a great thing. I live for food and Music. Spend twelve hours at work a day just so I can cook more. Whatever its awesome.

todays my day off, so Im going to make an epic meal

im thinking something like....

A very minimalistic first course of Pork Belly with caramelized Fennel ( caramelized with star anise),and a Blackberry+star anise Aigre-Doux ( sweet + sour sauce)

then for main... Quail with a Mulled pear and Bacon flan, Cider emulsion, ans a Spiced Pumpkin Puree.

Although in 10 years I know all that good food is going to manifest itself into a good tire.

nah, most of what i cook is healthy and "natural". i dont use high fat stuff, the only exception is olive oil. but i usually just grill or baked with spices. unfortunately its getting too cold to grill
~gR~

yeah, food is such a great thing. I live for food and Music. Spend twelve hours at work a day just so I can cook more. Whatever its awesome.

todays my day off, so Im going to make an epic meal

im thinking something like....

A very minimalistic first course of Pork Belly with caramelized Fennel ( caramelized with star anise),and a Blackberry+star anise Aigre-Doux ( sweet + sour sauce)

then for main... Quail with a Mulled pear and Bacon flan, Cider emulsion, ans a Spiced Pumpkin Puree.

ok, you win
~gR~

speaking of spices and stuff.

I require one or both of the following on all meat products:

1SCM%20%2844%29.jpg

heat.jpg