The food thread.

I respect vegetarians who live that way purely because it's healthy, but not those who do it on humanitarian principles.

Wouldn't that be Animalitarian?

I can respect people who do it for the Earth, as in all these cows and chickens we "raise", and the environmental damages that does. I begin to have a problem when people start elevating the life of animals equal to, or of greater value than human life. Though I would not disrespect them as a person.

Noodles really are great when you're short on cash. I've counted that i get around 30 noodle meals for the same price as going out and eating one meal.

Those Lipton/Knoor terriyaki noodle packs are killer. They're just about $1 at Wal-Mart & worth every penny. I like to spice them up with Italian herbs, garlic herb seasoning, & pepper. The veggie ones are a bit better but $0.50 more & I think you get less noodles, so I about quit buying them.

Ramen noodles on the other hand, I stay away from. They got a shitload of fat in them.

They receive hostility because they dish it out, trying to make a statement about animal rights. Sadly, those who aren't so annoyingly adamant about it get clumped into the stereotype.

Here is my exemplification essay about pot pies.

Microwaveable Chicken Pot Pies
We’ve all been hungry at some point. Some people, like me, get hungry very often. What is the prime snack when you suffer these hunger pangs? There are an infinite number of consumables to choose from, and a microwaveable chicken pot pie is an excellent choice.
A frozen chicken pot pie, though nourishing and delicious, has it’s obstacles, but they are easily overcome. These are the trials of pot pie preparation: acquiring a pie, venting the pie, and the time needed to properly cook the pie; and these must be overcome before consumption.
You may be wondering, “Where can I get a chicken pot pie? I thought they were only available at KFC.” No my friend, you see, America is a great country. You should be proud you live here in the bastion of freedom, the breadbasket of planet earth, for salvation has come to us unannounced. Chicken pot pies are now readily available from local food distributors. Wal-Mart is an excellent example of a pot pie carrying store. They are very affordable as well, usually under $1. So it becomes apparent that the acquisition of a pot pie amounts to no more than a leisurely drive to the local supermarket, cash in hand, hunger in stomach.
Believe it or not, there are dangers associated with the cooking of the pie. A disaster looms on the horizon for those who don’t heed these words. The pie must be vented by some means, the easiest of which is to cut a + shape in the middle of the pie with a knife; of course make sure to get your parents to help you when handling such a dangerous object. If the vent is not opened in the pie’s crown and you start to cook it, the pie will swell up like a balloon. When it reaches its breaking point, it will unleash a thick gooey hell upon your microwave. Torrents of gravy, chicken, and fillings will splatter amongst the innards of your cooking device, which will obviously be counterproductive to our goal.
Perhaps the most important aspect on this quest of pie preparation is the length of time you allot the pie to be cooked in the microwave. You should have assumed by now that the microwave is the mode of cooking for this snack. In my own personal experience I have found that three minutes and thirty seconds is an excellent time. However, you must let the pie sit before you eat it, otherwise it will be too hot. If you let it sit in the microwave, it will cool off slowly but won’t get cold, whereas if you set it on the table you might forget about it and it will get cold. Microwaves are all different though, you will have to find the perfect time for your particular microwave. The boxes usually recommend between three and four minutes.
A small hunger is easily sated by one of these pot pies, but if you still hunger, have another. It is a good idea to stock several in case such an occasion happens. Once consumed you should feel elated and accomplished. The pot pie was cooked successfully, and so the biggest adversaries of pot pie preparation prove to be but small stepping stones on the road to satisfaction.

So I've come to realise that I fucking love spaghetti. I can go through long periods of eating it for at least every other dinner, and I never seem to reach a point where I say "ugh, never again!" I mean, I can really eat some fucking spaghetti. I think much of this is due to the wide variety of awesome sauces, cheeses and spices that you can put on it.

It seems rare to find a food which is at once consistently enjoyable, dirt cheap, healthy, and very easy to prepare. But spaghetti gives me all of those. All hail spaghetti! :kickass:

spaghetti ey,its good to see how the wealthy people live,tonite i dine on burger rings,dreaming about these gourmet burgers down the road at this place called "soul burger",bloody hell they are fucking ripper,if it stops raining i'll be able to cook this bit of steak on the bbq but unfortunately i think the rains set in and i'm fucking starving