The food thread.

Another attempt at basic pizza.

And another couple of issues this time.

Besides obvious low temperature because I don't have a fucking furnace in the apartment, the dough started fermenting over night and had this vodka aroma. I have to work on storage.

I'm still convinced letting the dough rest overnight is a must.

IMG_20190219_095942.jpg IMG_20190219_101823.jpg

Reactions: zabu of nΩd
Another attempt at basic pizza.

And another couple of issues this time.

Besides obvious low temperature because I don't have a fucking furnace in the apartment, the dough started fermenting over night and had this vodka aroma. I have to work on storage.

I'm still convinced letting the dough rest overnight is a must.

View attachment 18768 View attachment 18769
I demand that you put that back in the oven for at least 10 more minutes.

The homeless people food is awesome
But today I suddenly miss having a stovetop/oven/microwave/hot pot and cooking my own food

Anyone here have any experience using black garlic? I came across a jar of it at our local asian market and grabbed it. I'm just not sure what to do with it really. I just ate one out of curiosity's sake. Interesting, to say the least.

Anyone here have any experience using black garlic? I came across a jar of it at our local asian market and grabbed it. I'm just not sure what to do with it really. I just ate one out of curiosity's sake. Interesting, to say the least.
Serious question
Does black garlic taste completely different than the not-black-garlic??
Seriously
Could you describe for us the taste of black garlic

Grind it up and sprinkle it on your steak!

I demand that you put that back in the oven for at least 10 more minutes.

@Onder how hot does your oven get?

Yep the oven is the biggest issue here, I think the oven in my new apartment can't do as much as the previous one. It should be able to do 250C but even that's not enough, obviously, as the pizza should be in the oven for like two minutes under 350C+ fire.

So I can either leave it there and let the dough dry out or it looks like my pic.

Maybe I'll come up with something.

It's the one skill I practice when I visit my grandma, cause I don't keep eggs at my place. Pretty much every breakfast I eat there is eggs over easy on toast.

The drippy yolk kinda works in that case, cause otherwise the toast is too dry. It doubles as a dipping "sauce".

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity