The food thread.

Hitting a kangaroo is like hitting a horse, and probably comparable to hitting a deer or something. They are tough and often hop away, but their biggest risk to cars is that if you hit one as it leaps it could easily come through the windscreen.

I remember watching some show that talked about hitting deer (or whatever you call them fuckers with antlers in the north of the America) and the impact of them is very much like a roo.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
My uncle was attacked by an ostrich once when he was younger, it spat on him first and then bit the shit out of him :lol:

Our emus kick and can do so at about 50kph (30mph) and their three toes can rip the shit out of you. I don't know that too many people have ever really been kicked to death by them but I certainly wouldn't want to feel a kick from one.

Hitting a kangaroo is like hitting a horse, and probably comparable to hitting a deer or something. They are tough and often hop away, but their biggest risk to cars is that if you hit one as it leaps it could easily come through the windscreen.

I remember watching some show that talked about hitting deer (or whatever you call them fuckers with antlers in the north of the America) and the impact of them is very much like a roo.
yeah deers and moose. They cause some pretty wicked car accidents in other parts of this country.

Reactions: Slammed
They are bigger and heavier and from what I've seen can demolish cars like hitting a brick wall. Kangaroos are similar but they seem to want to fuck every panel on the car as they bounce around.

I hit a dead kangaroo once, scared the fuck out of me. It was on a crest of a hill and I couldn't see it because I was driving into the sun. I felt the thump and felt the truck and trailer (tri axle) rise on one side, but because I saw nothing I just continued on. A minute down the road I started to think I'd run over some poor cunt laying on the road, I wasn't far out of one town and sadly it wasn't unusual to see drunks laying in the gutter on a Saturday morning. I couldn't get the thought of it out of my head, so I found a place to turn the truck around, went back and found this great hunk of dead roo, which was easy to see with the sun behind me. I was relieved and pissed off at the same time. By the time I'd found somewhere else to turn the truck around and get back to my deliveries I'd probably wasted 15 mins because my mind wanted to tell me I'd run over a drunk!

The biggest problem with accidents like that is that people don't know how to predict what will happen. Slowing down is a good thing (but not always possible), but too many people think like that idiot and think that moving over to the wrong side of the road is enough to avoid them. Not sure where exactly that road is but too many people see that road and think they can just open it up and drive at whatever speed their car can do and they call that driving to the conditions.

In the dusk and dawn you could drive down a road like that and see a hundred roos all on the side of the road and there will still be people who think it's okay to drive at the 100kph (about 65mph) speed limit or faster. They'd drive down the road marvelling at all the roos and how they are just sitting there feeding and then cry when the mob moves onto the road and they hit one.

This thread is making me miss having an apartment with stovetop and oven and microwave

Also
When I would cook eggs
I would always use a drink-mixer to thoroughly blend the whites with the yolks before pouring the blended eggs into the frying pan

No butter, no cooking-sprays, no vegetable oil, I cook my eggs in bacon-grease

I've been trying to be better at food stuffs, which I'm notoriously terrible at i.e. I set off the smoke alarm literally every time I use the oven.

Anyways I had some frozen turkey,

Hand shredded it,

Breaded it with smashed up cream cheese and chive chips (I did the whole form+dip in egg+ dip in breading thing)

Baked,

Then threw them motherfuckers on a sweet potato bun with pickles, three different cheeses, tomato, and sweet baby Ray's sauce. Very proud of my little homemade turkey patties.

And the smoke alarm is a fucking liar they weren't that burnt.

Reactions: zabu of nΩd
North America has deer moose and elk

Outside of North America the things with antlers are impalas and gazelles

Oh man that looks good. I got a 20lb turkey for Thanksgiving from the boss and been trying to widdle away at it. With what little skills I have. Might do something like that. Turkey terrazini is another thing I was recommended.

Reactions: Sophii
Oh man that looks good. I got a 20lb turkey for Thanksgiving from the boss and been trying to widdle away at it. With what little skills I have. Might do something like that. Turkey terrazini is another thing I was recommended.

Have you ever had wild turkey? My cousin gave me one he shot a couple years ago and I can’t ever look back.