The food thread.

Have you ever had wild turkey? My cousin gave me one he shot a couple years ago and I can’t ever look back.

I had it at a wild game dinner or two and I'd say it was a small step above, not discernable enough difference though IMO. Course that wasn't an intimate straight to table affair.

Spaghetti alla Carbonara
52926520_10104164744525654_5514840662077341696_n.jpg

Today I'll make a meat loaf with brussels sprouts + some side dish, probably something something potato.

It is delicious, a lot of flavours work for flavouring meat. I inject roasts, slow cooked meats, anything that ha a bit of size to it and can handle the liquid being squirted in. You have to be a little cautious of what you put in the mix, black pepper needs a bigger needle other wise it just stays on the syringe. But anything liquid goes in and the only thing you have to be careful of is not over filling it and having the liquid squirt back out the holes you've made.

Did my FIL's 'secret' wings recipe tonight. Fair bit of work and 24 hours marinading but as usual they turned out brilliant

New breakfast awesomeness due to over-abundance of potatoes - Mexican Potato Bowl. Potatoes chopped, sprinkled with paprika & salt and grilled, chicken fajita strips also grilled (we used faux chicken), black beans, fresh salsa, avocado, capsicum and a fried egg. Hot sauces and sour cream on top. Bloody Mary accompaniment.

92C7648D-CAA0-4B7D-A5F0-30F54AEC3FB5.jpeg

Last edited: