The food thread.

Where's my fershlugginer pastrami sandwich!
QXoXG.jpg

Here it is:
62116513_10104337273630944_2209156590936784896_n.jpg

I'm growing fond of smoked tofu. How is it so cheap? You buy a piece for less than a dollar and you make food for two people easily. Today I threw some brocolli, zucchini, and green bell pepper on a pan with said tofu ingredient and spiced it with smoked kari powder and some Kikkoman soy sauce and it was glorious with rice. I even didn't mind that I had forgotten to put something deadly in it, like bhut flakes or reaper sauce.

Other things I like: Avocadoes. Fucking avocadoes man! Crush it in a bowl like if you were making guacamole but you don't even have to make guacamole, just squeeze some lemon juice in and olive oil and some herbs and add salt and you're done, yes I like it a lot.

I now really appreciate small things like this as the canteen in my workplace is pure shit. There's 4 meals to choose from every day yet I usually struggle to pick the least shitty one. It's really bad. But there's no other options.

Ok so I'm making burger buns for the first time ever, this is the first step of muh creation of the Amrucan freedom meal, guns eagle beef freedom constitution burgerrrrrs.

If they don't go as planned I will modify the recipe and I will keep trying until they're perfect. The next step is modelling the perfect burger. Finding the ingredients. I have ordered some meat from our butcher, then I will start thinking about the cheese.

So, I'd say those are good considering it's my first try, not sure there's much to improve. I do want to use black sesame next time, and I should put more salt in the dough I suppose but hey, less salt is healthier and there's gonna be salt in the ground meat.

There's some potatoes in the dough, hmmmm, what else. As you can see, I went a little overboard with the egg/milk glazing on top so some of it ran down but that's not an issue. I wonder if I can make them even fluffier but I'm not even sure that's a good idea considering the final product.

So, what is the correct layering of the Amrucan freedom meal? Does anybody know? When I googled it the results were a mess.

I want a slice of cheese on the meat. I want thin slices of pickles somewhere, I want large onion rings glazed on a pan, I want a single leaf of ice lettuce.

I'm not sure about sauces or tomatoes at this point.

IMG_20190807_222157.jpg

IMG_20190807_222205.jpg

Reactions: zabu of nΩd
So, I'd say those are good considering it's my first try, not sure there's much to improve. I do want to use black sesame next time, and I should put more salt in the dough I suppose but hey, less salt is healthier and there's gonna be salt in the ground meat.

There's some potatoes in the dough, hmmmm, what else. As you can see, I went a little overboard with the egg/milk glazing on top so some of it ran down but that's not an issue. I wonder if I can make them even fluffier but I'm not even sure that's a good idea considering the final product.

So, what is the correct layering of the Amrucan freedom meal? Does anybody know? When I googled it the results were a mess.

I want a slice of cheese on the meat. I want thin slices of pickles somewhere, I want large onion rings glazed on a pan, I want a single leaf of ice lettuce.

I'm not sure about sauces or tomatoes at this point.

View attachment 21103

View attachment 21104

ronaldmcdonald2.jpg

My dad is in town for a few days, and today I made some ribs. These boys, after being coated in dry rub, have been bathed in smoke for several hours and basted in Pappy's Smokehouse barbecue sauce during the last fifteen minutes or so:
IMG_1191.JPG

But the above picture does nothing to illustrate their fall-of-the-bone tenderness, so here's a picture of them chopped into individual pieces:
IMG_1192.JPG

Here they are, served with dill potato salad and collard greens w/bacon.
IMG_1193.JPG

@Onder
Generally, the typical "burger sauce" is a mix of mayo, ketchup, and sometimes mustard that resembles Thousand-island dressing. All these recipes features variants of that theme, so you can use the sauce based on one of them even if you don't follow the rest of the recipe.

Last edited:
The other weekend at an Indian place I came out from the toilet, took one spoonful with a bit of everything on it from an appetiser which my girlfriend had just safely eaten part of, and it unleashed a painful jab of extreme spiciness in one corner of my mouth. It was cheese cubes garnished mainly with onion, chili and cinnamon sticks. I have a habit of munching away on the cinnamon and everything, but it must've been a really potent bit of chili. After some sweating and wiping my nose I asked the guy working there if they had any milk. He brought out a raita dip so I sipped on that for a bit. :rofl:

The funny thing is that spiciness is additive. The main meals were mild but they didn't taste like it at first, as they just added to the heat in my mouth. It calmed down about halfway through.