The food thread.

Just because you turn veg doesn't mean you'll lose weight. Honestly you sound like a guy who just returned from the pub alone having heard three good looking chicks talk about diets, vegans and vegos and you decided that's what you need to become to get a root.

We probably all eat too much fat, but unless you know where your fat is coming from it's not as simple as blaming meats. There is also different fats, some good some bad, but they are in everything. Obviously not re-frying your salami in an inch of melted butter would help cut down ones fat in take, but it's not the only place you get fats from. If you look at the nutritional panels there is plenty of fats hiding as different things, just like sugars and salts.

Salt is one of the biggest issues in our food these days, but what's the point of cutting out meat and replacing it with asparagus, if you cover the asparagus in chilli sauce just so it's edible. This is why a dietician makes sense. You tell them what you eat, what you like and even the things you would love but think they are no good and they will tell you which of those foods is effecting you.

Tired after work could also be a million other things. Not sleeping as well as you think, not sleeping long enough, getting your exercise at the wrong time of the day, eating at the wrong time. Simply saying I'm tired after work therefore I need to cut out X from my diet is as good as pushing shit up hill. If you are concerned enough about what's going on that you wanted to change make the first change a visit to a doctor and get them to refer you to a dietician or the like. Most of it probably comes on medicare so you wont even have to pay.

Reactions: zabu of nΩd
Yeah I'll admit I know basically nothing about nutrition. Think the best bet for me would be to just cut out processed foods as much as possible. It's just hard to tell what is actually good for you as the "evidence" seems to change every five years.

Apparently milk is bad for you these days, which sucks cause I smash about two litres of that shit per day.

Honestly I could never go completely vegan. I love dairy way too much & am not going to resort to soy or almond milk :puke:

& am not going to resort to soy or almond milk :puke:
I think rice milk tastes significantly better than either. I rely on lactose or whatever the fuck milk does to keep my bowels moving (I rarely drink coffee), otherwise I'd switch.

Surely you only need one or two days to see if eating something completely different fixes your tired as balls problem. Pile in the beans, tofu, chickpeas or whatever. What do you have for breakfast?

Reactions: jimmy101
Yeah I'll admit I know basically nothing about nutrition. Think the best bet for me would be to just cut out processed foods as much as possible. It's just hard to tell what is actually good for you as the "evidence" seems to change every five years.

Apparently milk is bad for you these days, which sucks cause I smash about two litres of that shit per day.

Again it's a start but it's not the be and end all. All things in moderation.

Milk isn't bad for you. Eggs aren't bad for you. Salt isn't bad for you. None of it is bad for you in moderation. Moderate your diet don't just cut shit out based on what you heard somewhere. Milk has benefits other than just evil bad fat (although 2 litres a day has always been bad for you) it has calcium but that doesn't mean it's good or bad for all people. Eggs are protein but it doesn't mean you should eat a dozen a day because you gave up steak. And before you consider cutting anything out the first thing you need to do is stop listening to, reading, looking at, all those stupid fucking tabloid stories where journos tell us about super foods and what is good for us today only to change their mind tomorrow. There is no SUPER FOODS, there is just foods and what you need on a daily basis could be wildly different to someone else.

Jimbos super food ...
f70efe16847e4f689eae1f7f4f25a768--pink-high-heels-shoe-cakes.jpg

Reactions: CiG
Again it's a start but it's not the be and end all. All things in moderation.

Milk isn't bad for you. Eggs aren't bad for you. Salt isn't bad for you. None of it is bad for you in moderation. Moderate your diet don't just cut shit out based on what you heard somewhere. Milk has benefits other than just evil bad fat (although 2 litres a day has always been bad for you) it has calcium but that doesn't mean it's good or bad for all people. Eggs are protein but it doesn't mean you should eat a dozen a day because you gave up steak. And before you consider cutting anything out the first thing you need to do is stop listening to, reading, looking at, all those stupid fucking tabloid stories where journos tell us about super foods and what is good for us today only to change their mind tomorrow. There is no SUPER FOODS, there is just foods and what you need on a daily basis could be wildly different to someone else.
Have to agree with you here too, think I was going overboard with the whole "let's go veg" shpeel. Time for me to actually be sensible about what I eat.

Reactions: Slammed
Cutting back that two litres of milk a day would help. Milk is okay in moderation but even plain milk straight out of the tit shouldn't be downed at the rate you said you were doing it. Drinking that much milk and complaining that you're health isn't perfect is like drinking two slabs of light beer and complaining that you're drunk.

If you can't cut out milk just change it up. Use 12 tablespoons of Milo instead of only 6. The Milo ads always claim it's good shit for energy, 12 tablespoons of it must be extra good!

Reactions: jimmy101
Man it's been ages since I regularly drank Milo. Bout time I got back on it to be honest.

You're right, I should have mentioned that. To be fair my problem with usually being tired at 5pm could be easily solved by eating an apple on my was to work everyday.