The food thread.

Lol you think I'm a millennial?

The only box I'm willing to suck isn't produced by the Sanitarium company, let me tell ya.

My mistake, maybe you just act like a millennial, don't be offended, I act like a cunt.

Up and Go are better than nothing which is what you are currently doing because "it's too hard, mummy!"

Leave Slammed's wife out of the discussion bro.

My missues might have bad enough taste to be with me but it's not bad enough to go near a millennial.

Reactions: CiG and jimmy101
Up and Go are better than nothing which is what you are currently doing because "it's too hard, mummy!"
Come now, I don't complain about this stuff to my mummy. I just post about it to a bunch of randoms online. Clear difference.

Reactions: Slammed
i want her dads famous cookbook

Chinese cookbooks don't vary that much world over. There is a few interesting changes in different meals depending on regions but they are basically the same. The reason not many people know what's in his cookbook is because he told everyone who asked something different. He'd leave things out, add things, make things up just to make sure everyone got a different recipe list for the same meals.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
T01MPeM.jpg

DErHaUG.jpg

Is that a Chicago style deep dish pizza?

Have you tried Giordanos, Palermos or Lou Malnatis?? Dude form Barstool Pizza reviews has been to so may Chicago spots!

Yeah the large piece is deep dish, the rest just regular thin crust .
Lou malnati's is excellent, giordano's is really good too. Never had a palermo's close enough to where i live to try it. All local chains. Home run inn is another local chain thats great. They sell frozen pizza's too, i think nation wide, its pretty damn close how it tastes from the restaurant. So if you ever come across a frozen home runn inn give it go, highly recommend it.

My haul for today...

this is the Bret Hart of cheeses. The best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be ....
2VNcDqW.jpg

eKDsgpI.jpg

... so i hadnt really given zucchinis a proper shot before but ive been munching on them for the past few weeks and think im addicted. So far ive only chopped them up and tossed them in a frying pan with some vegetable oil and seasoning. What are some other ways i can cook these up?

Reactions: CiG and Slammed
Zucchini slice is a good way to use eggs and zuccs, it's almost quiche like and can be eaten hold or cold. My mum stuff zuccs by cutting out a ditch in the middle and filling it with stuff like tomato, cheese and whatever spices you've got and grilling it until the cheese melts. I often do it with sesame oil and garlic and herb salt if I'm in a hurry. Otherwise they are good in things like stir frys and stews as a vegie to bulk the meal out.

Zucchini slice is a good way to use eggs and zuccs, it's almost quiche like and can be eaten hold or cold. My mum stuff zuccs by cutting out a ditch in the middle and filling it with stuff like tomato, cheese and whatever spices you've got and grilling it until the cheese melts. I often do it with sesame oil and garlic and herb salt if I'm in a hurry. Otherwise they are good in things like stir frys and stews as a vegie to bulk the meal out.

Are those two different ways to prepare them or are you just describing the zucchini slice thingie(dont know what a quiche is) because the second part of your post reminded me of a very popular Caucasian dish we have called vegetable dolma(written with a d but pronounced with a t) and im not sure why in the hell i didnt think of preparing these zucchinis the same way.... we do pretty much what you said(prep wise) with green peppers, bellpeppers, eggplants tomatoes, etc and fill them with seasoned/spiced ground beef and sometimes rice mixed with the beef ..

but please tell me about this zucchini slice and eggs thing. I think ill give it a shot tomorrow morning.

EDIT: oh and btw i also add sliced onions to my pan fried Zucchinis and even tossed in some chicken in there once!

EDIT #2:
im no chef so this might not look too pretty, but here's my little zucchini and chicken experiment i did about two weeks ago and it was delicious...
eSfpiVe.jpg

9jj0OuM.jpg

XHWdLGf.jpg

80zzdJt.jpg

Last edited:
Don't you have quiche in the US? It's basically egg pie, it can be sweet or savoury, I think the French mainly make it as a dessert but I could be wrong.

A simple description of the quiche that is popular here is you make a mix like scrambled eggs, add tomato, grated cheese, grated zucchini, bacon, ham etc and you pour that into a pie crust then bake it until the mixture is cooked through. To eat, cut wedges like a pie/tart and serve with salad etc. My wife makes a version of it called Impossible Pie which is easier and just as good.

(It's also pronounced keesh too not quickie as a mate once offered two old ladies when he was starting out as a waiter in a cafe).

I don't remember the recipe my mum uses for Zucchini slice but this recipe is similar by the look of it. You can add pretty much anything else you like too it as well.
https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/zucchini-slice/eb7eed59-5f53-4f6f-bfb5-9b7e3f81a702

Stuffed zucchinis are similar to your pic but we tend not to put meat in them and make them a side dish, what you showed looks more like a main course. My mum has always grown monster zucchinis, so cutting them in half and scooping out the seedy part to stuff them is easy, but it can be done with skinnier ones. Something like this but we don't use the meat unless it's for a full meal:

stuffed-zucchini-boats-5.jpg

im no chef so this might not look too pretty, but here's my little zucchini and chicken experiment i did about two weeks ago and it was delicious...

Some of the ugliest looking meals are the best tasting. Chefs on TV and on the net have way too much time and presentation is a big thing for them. No normal cook cares what their stuff looks like, it's how it tastes. Even so those pics look pretty darn tasty.

yea what i posted is definitely a main dish, not a side.

And no i dont think we have quiche out here, or at least ive never seem or heard of it unless its something that gets served in the fancy shmancy restaurants which i dont really go to.

So its basically scrambled eggs(with all the goodies tossed in) in a pie?

"mam i recommend you try our famous quickie" :lol: