The food thread.

That stuffed zucchini I showed above was definitely a meal, the mince can be any flavoured mince you prepared in any way. The only thing is if you want to use meat and the rest it does need to be a thick zucchini otherwise you need to scoop too much flesh out. Otherwise with a thinner zucchini make something like chopped up herbs and spices, grated cheese, small bits of tomato and bread crumbs. Cut the zucchini in half and scoop out the middle. Cook the zucchini in the microwave for a minute or so just enough to start the cooking process. Then take out and fill the hole with the mixture. Then put the zucchini in a hot oven for about 10 minutes, or under the grill for a few minutes.

Quiches here are really just quick and easy meals, served in cafes etc not so much restaurants. I've never given much thought to it's origins because it's always been one of those meals you can buy here in cafe, eateries, even frozen from the freezer section of supermarkets. It pretty much is just scrambled eggs with extras. Something like this recipe is pretty simple and doesn't use a pie crust. https://www.bestrecipes.com.au/recipes/easy-quiche-recipe/bym5vl9w I do prefer it with a pie crust though. and you can change the ingredients to anything you like.

"mam i recommend you try our famous quickie" :lol:

That is pretty much exactly what he said. He was lucky the women had a sense of humour because the area we lived it was mostly stuck up rich people who hated jokes and thought they were better than anyone who worked in the cafes they ate at. In the kitchen we were laughing our arses off.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
WMnT6Hv.jpg

Reactions: CiG and Slammed
And no i dont think we have quiche out here, or at least ive never seem or heard of it unless its something that gets served in the fancy shmancy restaurants which i dont really go to.
Jesus christ, of course there's quiche in the US. I've had it at numerous potlucks and family things. It's pretty gross imo

It's scrambled eggs, bacon and any vegies you want to add with or without a pie crust on the bottom. That ain't nasty...although I gotta say I did have American scrambled eggs on the cruise last month and they taste like shit so maybe a quiche really is nasty when it crosses international borders. :p

:lol: i didint know scrambled eggs taste different in other parts of the world

It's scrambled eggs, bacon and any vegies you want to add with or without a pie crust on the bottom.
so without a pie crust its basically scrambled eggs with bacon and veggies? Why the werid name then? That fancy pie crust is whats throwing me off. Or maybe i haven't been to enough upper class "potlucks" or whatnot to know what's up.

Dinner...
RoQvn8z.jpg

.. best chinese food in town. Kung Pao chicken, fried rice, vegetable egg roll, hot and sour soup and instead of chicken in my chow mein i went with beef this time.

Reactions: CiG and Slammed