The food thread.

Its easy to make better fried chicken than kfc to be honest.

If you like the consistency of the skinning and seasoning, they pretty much just double coat it in the flour. They do a dry, then wet, then dry again and then fry it. I've never even worked there but I'm pretty sure thats how they do it. We did that at Cracker Barrel and its practically the damn same.

Its easy to make better fried chicken than kfc to be honest.

If you like the consistency of the skinning and seasoning, they pretty much just double coat it in the flour. They do a dry, then wet, then dry again and then fry it. I've never even worked there but I'm pretty sure thats how they do it. We did that at Cracker Barrel and its practically the damn same.

Agreed. I started making homemade fried chicken; not only did I save money in the longrun but it also tasted far better

Reactions: Sophii
When I'm in a struggle, always go for Taco Bell. Cheap as hell and tastes good so I can't complain.

We don't have TB here any more. But we have plenty of fast food, that is often frowned upon as a first reaction by people, which actually tastes good. I can cook a six course meal for 10 that would put many restaurants to shame. I could do fried chicken that would put most chicken shops out of business. But fuck even I like to be lazy and visit KFC, or Maccas occasionally.

We don't have TB here any more. But we have plenty of fast food, that is often frowned upon as a first reaction by people, which actually tastes good. I can cook a six course meal for 10 that would put many restaurants to shame. I could do fried chicken that would put most chicken shops out of business. But fuck even I like to be lazy and visit KFC, or Maccas occasionally.

I always get McDonald's breakfast when I'm cravinf fast food breakfast. Love their McGriddles :p

Yeah man, fuck it; enjoy fast food. If it makes ya happy, go for it.

Been trying to eat more homemade meals, but its kinda hard with this whole virus thing. Hard to find meats. Vegetables though...? Might try some vegetarian meals if it comes down to it.

When I'm in a struggle, always go for Taco Bell. Cheap as hell and tastes good so I can't complain.
Dude you need to come out to the southwest. We have genuine mexican food spots on just about every corner and every single one of them are infinitley better than taco bell, del taco etc. The tacos you get form those fast food spots arent even real tacos.

Dude you need to come out to the southwest. We have genuine mexican food spots on just about every corner and every single one of them are infinitley better than taco bell, del taco etc. The tacos you get form those fast food spots arent even real tacos.

I don't even get tacos from taco bell. And I know it ain't real tacos. I really need to try a real taco for sure. An actual taco is almost like a burrito yeah? Just different ingredients?

I don't even get tacos from taco bell. And I know it ain't real tacos. I really need to try a real taco for sure. An actual taco is almost like a burrito yeah? Just different ingredients?
eh not really. They actually have pretty much thwe same ingredients though ... minus the rice and beans.
o.jpg

l.jpg

o.jpg

Tbh I’m not particularly praising it either. It’s decent survival food for tough times. I’ve worked with Mexicans and Salvadorans for years and yeah the real stuff is 1000x better and not comparable but shit my family was poor as fuck growing up. I’m part raccoon and not just because of the dark circles under my eyes.

I always get McDonald's breakfast when I'm cravinf fast food breakfast. Love their McGriddles :p

I used to regularly eat their egg and bacon muffins when I was in the truck. Was easy, they opened next to one of the shops I had to wait for at 6am. I used to also get a meta pie or hot dog at about 3am and a coffee and doughnut at about 8am on the way back to the depot. But I never paid for any of them either so that made them an easy choice.

Yeah man, fuck it; enjoy fast food. If it makes ya happy, go for it.

Been trying to eat more homemade meals, but its kinda hard with this whole virus thing. Hard to find meats. Vegetables though...? Might try some vegetarian meals if it comes down to it.

Anyone who eats fast food all the time would be broke and fat, but frowning upon it as a first response when someone mentions it is pretty naive. Fast food comes in such varieties these days that it's not all shit, it's not all made poorly and it's not made with shit ingredients. But who gives a fuck if it is when it's an 'occasional' food. I cook here every night of the week. I make pretty much every meal from scratch and I don't skimp on the vegies or the salad (depending on the meal). But doesn't mean I wont appreciate someone else cooking shit for me and throwing it in a bucket.

Tbh I’m not particularly praising it either. It’s decent survival food for tough times. I’ve worked with Mexicans and Salvadorans for years and yeah the real stuff is 1000x better and not comparable but shit my family was poor as fuck growing up. I’m part raccoon and not just because of the dark circles under my eyes.

... yea thats understandable. I grew up living in a one room apartment type of building in the hood. I bet the genuine mexican food spots out there charge a shit load. They're pretty damn cheap out here. 75 cents to about $1.50 the most for a taco out here. Burritos are around $5. So yeah pretty much no reason to go to TB or DT unless you're in a rush/on the go.

Last edited:
No, you also made the assumption that that comment was all about you and not 100 million other people.