The food thread.

ahh so they're part jewish. :D

I didint even know there was a big mexican population in Chicago until a few years ago. Are there more puerto ricans or mexicans out there?

Haha yeah i told you they're grimey. Nickel and dime you over the small stuff.

Certain areas are all puerto rican. But mexicans are everywhere. Way more mexicans, and they hate each other.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
50 cent tacos? Fuck in this country about the only food we can get for 50 cents is a soft serve Mc Donalds cone and even that might have gone up in price by now.

haha i dont think ive seen or met a single puerto rican out here. Wonder what kind of food they have.

Actually quite a bit different from mexican food. Pretty good food. They have a kind of sandwich thats pretty popular called the jibarito.

50 cent tacos? Fuck in this country about the only food we can get for 50 cents is a soft serve Mc Donalds cone and even that might have gone up in price by now.
To get that price you got to go into hood. Hardcore immigrant areas where you stand out like sore thumb if your a white guy. Worth it though...

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
those bastard dont even have any of their burgers or sandwiches on the dollar menu anymore. The mcdouble and McChicken were both on there up until last year. They have a 2 for $5 sales on a few of their sanwhich(big macs, quarter pounders, filet-o-fish) though every few months. Man is still remember the good ole days when the Big Mac was $1

Oh I think I saw an ad recently where Maccas are offering a burger with meat and cheese for $1.50. But I don't think there is anything cheaper on the Macca's menu here. We might have something Mexican like in the city that offers cheap food because I know there is a shitload of small Chinese/Asian places that offer a decent feed for under $10. But out in the burbs that's unlikely and out in the country where I am I can count the number of Mexican restaurants on one hand and still have left over fingers.

Isn't the sombrero so they don't have to swim?

4KjmkqB.jpg

They look as Mexican as the staff from our local Mexican restaurant do. But then again we are multi-cultural. Our Mexican restaurant is owned by a big fat Greek woman who also runs the local brothel and is managed by an Asian.

I still remember when they were 30 cents and for a bit extra you could get a chocolate flake. Those along with free refills were the shit back in the day. Oh yeah and 3 cheeseburgers for $2.

Reactions: Slammed
Did you get free refills at Maccas? We only got them at HJ's/Burger King but I'm sure that was because Maccas saw how we abused the refills at HJ's!

Maccas large drink containers were also good for hiding beer cans in as a 15 year old

Reactions: CiG
Fish Friday here and although I'm in no way religious it's pretty much something I've just always done for the family, so tonight is Fish Pie if I ever get off my butt to start cooking.