The food thread.

I'll laugh because you told me too, but I guarantee you weren't the first and wont be the last person to be fooled by one of those cakes.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
So, what is the correct layering of the Amrucan freedom meal? Does anybody know? When I googled it the results were a mess.
Yeah, it doesn't seem to be common knowledge, but I doubt the exact layering matters much because a lot of the ingredients just squish together - like the cheese, lettuce, pickles and sauce pretty much become a single entity.

When I googled a Big Mac, I was surprised to see the cheese below the burger patties. I think the cheese should be directly on top, so it can melt down gloriously into the crevices of the patty.

Thinking of switching to an all-vegetarian diet for the next 7 days just to see if it has any effect.

Is anyone here a vego/vegan? Has it had any profound effect on you?

Not looking to make the switch just so I can crow about it, just wanting to give it a try as I've heard that it gives you a lot more energy in general. Finding lately that I'm absolutely knackered after work & thought it might be worth giving a go.

I've heard that eating a 100% baked beans diet gives you more energy too, but you'll still have to change your name from Jimmy the latte sipping hipster to Jimmy I'm vegan let me tell you about it.

As I said, not looking to tell anyone about it. Just wanna have more energy on weeknights.

Energy comes from food, just because you decided to eat seeds and grass does not mean you're going to get more energy at the end of the day. If your worried that it's your diet that is using up all your energy too early in the day go to a dietician and learn what to eat and when to eat it don't just go vegie or especially vegan because you've heard it could help.

Also a 7 day diet, trial, whatever is not a good indication of anything because of the way your body reacts.

Reactions: CiG
Could come down to the way I prepare it. Might be worth my while just to switch to an all-veg diet for a couple days per week & then when I do eat meat to maybe just eat cold-cuts.

Turning to veg a few days a week wont kill you (unless there is weed killer on them), but you will still be better off seeing someone who understands diets and doesn't just say "vegies good, eat vegies"

Cold cuts? As in the stuff from the deli? Fuck that half that shit is processed and the stuff that isn't is over $20 a kilo. Buy a small roast and cook it then eat it cold for a few days. Meat is important in most diets, but it needs to be the right meat, or it needs to be a suitable substitute. You can't just remove one of the food groups and hope for the best. Everyone is different, they way your body handles things could require you to have more iron than someone else, therefore you could need more meat. It could be the other way, but until you know for sure cutting out anything could be asking for trouble you wont see until you get sick.

Reactions: CiG and jimmy101
I suppose what I meant by cold-cuts was just trying to remove the amount of fat/grease in my meat intake. So perhaps boiling it & then eating it cold in sandwiches/with rice or something.

To be fair I'm not sure if an all-veg diet would be good for me as I'm not looking to lose weight, I've just read a bunch of shit & watched a few docos that suggest that meat really doesn't do very much to promote good blood-circulation, and that in turn means your brain doesn't get enough oxygen which makes focusing on things a bit of a chore. Getting sick of being tired as balls when I get home after work.