The food thread.

It's the one skill I practice when I visit my grandma, cause I don't keep eggs at my place. Pretty much every breakfast I eat there is eggs over easy on toast.

The drippy yolk kinda works in that case, cause otherwise the toast is too dry. It doubles as a dipping "sauce".
Nothing beats spending time with the grandparents, but i cant do(eat) yolk.

There's this one Georgian food/dish called the "Ajarski Xachapuri" that everyone i know out here goes crazy for. Its like a boat shaped piece of bread with cheese and yolky eggs in it. Check it out...

https://www.google.com/search?q=aja...t87gAhXrrFQKHZoVBtUQ_AUIDigB&biw=1024&bih=632
348s.jpg

o.jpg

o.jpg

Traditional Aussie dish known as a pie floater. Consists of a meat pie plopped into pea soup & garnished with tomato sauce.

xY4IGl1.jpg

Reactions: Slammed
Traditional? Surely it's only weird people from Adelaide who eat them more than once. For the rest of the country once is enough to realise they are nothing special. It's like Fosters Beer, we tried it once then exported the shit out of the country and told unsuspecting tourists that's all we drank so when they visited they drank the shit.

Reactions: zabu of nΩd
Traditional? Surely it's only weird people from Adelaide who eat them more than once. For the rest of the country once is enough to realise they are nothing special. It's like Fosters Beer, we tried it once then exported the shit out of the country and told unsuspecting tourists that's all we drank so when they visited they drank the shit.
100% correct.

A meat sack is a meat mixture (which it is probably better not to know what it's made from) wrapped in pastry with a flaky lid of pastry.

ahhh, so an inferior version of what that shepherds pie Wainds was talking about. :D I'd definitely try it

I dunno about inferior. A meat sack can be eaten in your hand which means you can eat it while doing just about anything. And it's an acquired skill to be able to eat the thing when it's red hot and not dribble the searing mystery meat down your chin. That's why most people realise a pie floater is not an everyday meal, because you can't lift the pie out of the pea soup and eat it while driving down the road. Sheapard's pie is a bit difficult to eat with only one hand.

No it's actually superior to regular steak. Not gamey. I'm not even joking this time. Would 100% recommend it.

Roo is good when cooked right. It is gamey and the fat that runs through it can be very stringy, but they are a tough as fuck animal. The taste is very rich and handles a good garlic and herb marinade well. But you can't cook it fast and you can't over cook it or it tastes like shit. The fat content is way lower than steak but the price is a bit high.

We don't mind eating our official coat of arms. It's not available in supermarkets like roo is but we can also buy emu for human consumption. That's another gamey meat that is quite rich in flavour. Water Buffalo from up north although not native to Australia is another really nice meat.

But no doubt the biggest advantage of eat roo is that they are at plague proportions and the fuckers are a pest. There should be a national cull of the fuckers, even if it's controlled by licenses, but because of the stupid coast of arms, national animal bullshit we are only allowed to eat farmed roos. We technically aren't even allowed to shoot the fuckers on our own property.

Reactions: zabu of nΩd