The food thread.

Wild boar is an interesting taste. I've got family down south where theyre problematic and they bring us some occasionally.
Kangaroo is sold in lots of supermarkets here and (from what I've heard anecdotally) has a similar taste. Also tends to be quite lean - would recommend though I'm not sure regarding its availability in the states.

Just got back from the local cafe where I deposited a full English into the belly. Never got the whole 'bowl of cereal' or 'continental breakfast of a croissant and cappuccino' thing. You can't fuck around with breakfast.

Reactions: Satanstoenail
This started as an omelette with potato, tomato and onion, but took on a rather eggscremental appearance by the time it finished cooking. I wish it were prettier, but I prefer an eggsceptionally high ratio of plant matter to egg matter, which makes the product too bulky to flip by conventional means. Maybe I should eggsplore buying a two-sided omelette pan?

View attachment 10639

Just close your eyes while you eat it ;)

Flipping omelettes is indeed a major pain in the ass. Never tried potato in one, normally stick to that classic cheese/mushroom combo.

Last edited:
Kangaroo meat is lean? What exactly do you mean by that my dude?

For the record I love me some kangaroo meat, it is amazing in slow-cooked meals. The tail especially is the best bit.

DRzciSZ.jpg

NS6x3t7.jpg

Kangaroo meat is lean? What exactly do you mean by that my dude?

For the record I love me some kangaroo meat, it is amazing in slow-cooked meals. The tail especially is the best bit.
I meant 'lean' in the context of low in fat on average compared to other meats. Of course, certain cuts of pork or turkey would be similar in terms of protein/fat, but most cuts I've picked up in supermarkets here have had little if any of the latter.

and fucking amen, overcooked kangaroo on a pan is tough as nails. The slower the better.

Reactions: CiG
I meant 'lean' in the context of low in fat on average compared to other meats. Of course, certain cuts of pork or turkey would be similar in terms of protein/fat, but most cuts I've picked up in supermarkets here have had little if any of the latter.

and fucking amen, overcooked kangaroo on a pan is tough as nails. The slower the better.

Oh okay I'm with you now, you're definitely right the meat to fat ratio is really good with kangaroo, especially the tail which is basically all muscle.

But yeah, if you're a n00b in the kitchen and you try to cool kangaroo fast it's going to be an absolute fucking disaster. :lol:

Never had tail but really intrigued, will have to start looking around. I've had crocodile tail though. Basically mild chicken with a fishy texture.

Reactions: CiG
bruhhhhhhhhhh is that 3 coneys and a 3(4? 5) way? legendary. My semester is about to end and i'm ready to drive to cleveland to get my fix

bruhhhhhhhhhh is that 3 coneys and a 3(4? 5) way? legendary. My semester is about to end and i'm ready to drive to cleveland to get my fix

Regular 3 way (Skyway...extra cheese) and two coneys with everything. Heaven on earth. I eat at Skyline roughly once a week.

For those wondering what a 3 way is:

Spaghetti topped with Cincinnati style 'chili' and shredded Cheddar cheese. 4 way includes either onions or beans and a 5 way is everything.

The coney with everything is a hot dog with chili, cheese, mustard and onions.

rms can vouch that this shit is legit. There are several different chili parlors in the city and each has it's own distinct flavor. I've only tried the ones on this side of the river except for one.

Last edited: