The food thread.

My wife made bagels yesterday morning and got up before me and prepared them. I wish I’d taken a photo. They had melted cheese on top and inside there was cream cheese with sun-dried tomato and spring onion, grilled salami, avocado, tomato and spinach leaves. Absolutely godly way to start the day.

What little culinary creativity I possess has been directed toward toasted tomato sandwiches lately. I started trying various salad dressings on it a while ago, and tonight I mixed some olive oil with the dressing before putting it on the toast. It was yum.

Reactions: Satanstoenail
Made ultimate godly Bloody Marys today.
2AECB8FA-DCF9-4B5D-8041-299B81B07F70.jpeg
Ingredients:
3 Ice cubes
2 shots vodka (or thereabouts)
Tomato juice
Splosh of Worcestershire Sauce
Decent amount of Tabasco
Freshly squeezed lemon juice
Small amount of mild mustard
Half a teaspoon of horseradish
Half a gherkin and a pickled chilli, skewered
Salt & pepper
Celery
Lemon slice

I like my Bloody Marys to be tangy but not too overpowering and not too spicy. These were the best I’ve done. The lemon juice really balances out the flavour. The gherkin and chilli were new additions inspired by one that I had at a bar recently.

Anyone here got any Bloody Mary recipes to share?

My wife made some Easter cookies today that required royal icing, left us with some egg yolks. My sister suggested salt curing them.

I have no idea what to expect, but they should be cured solid by Wednesday. They'll then require to be cooked on extremely low heat for a couple hours, then will supposedly keep for up to 3 months refridgerated.

I think rice is the most mediocre of foods (the water of foods basically), so I guess I wouldn't be a good Asian. I love their noodles though, especially drunken noodles cooked in soy sauce.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT TO THE JEWISH PEOPLE

NON-KOSHER FOOD IS DELICIOUS

seriously
can't convert to Judaism or Islam
i really really love eating pigs

and my mom always cooked EVERYTHING in bacon-grease

Roasted quail. Mmm....
cZcotEq.jpg