The food thread.

In the states we call those sweet bell peppers.

Same here.

In French there is a difference between the bell peppers and any kind of hot peppers. Even though most French people around here just the one for hot peppers...it should be "poivron" for bell peppers and "piment" for hot peppers.

Did Chinese takeout tonight. Shrimp egg foo young, General Tso's chicken, moo shoo pork and crab rangoons.

We're cooking paella tomorrow.

beer brats
some sort of bread with cheddar melted on top from safeway
new belgium 1554

i feel like a broncos fan at a tailgate party...
~gR~

Had paella tonight, made with arborio rice, peas, red peppers, chicken, shrimp, scallops and.... LOBSTER. So good with a few glasses of Riesling.

Arborio rice is the kind you find in risotto. Lobster is a local crustacean that is very expensive anywhere else but here. Riesling is a sweet white wine that goes very well with seafood.

good food makes life worth living.

tv dinners dont do it for me. actually. last time i had a tv dinner, i was sick as a dog for days. ive never vomited so violently. and ive had some nasty ones
~gR~

There's a bunch of ground turkey in the fridge I'll probably use later on with tomatoes, peppers and whatever else I have around that might work. There's also some corn left over from the camping trip I just returned from, so I might grill that.