The Get-to-know-the-board-members thread

Thanatos said:
How come I'm not surprised that you made that comment? :p:p:p
Because he's cute and hasn't become afraid of me like everyone else has...?

How come I'm not surprised you made your comment? :loco:

Anyways, time for me to sleep after resetting my sig. Must wake up early to go outside tomorrow.

@collapse generation: hello and *proper* welcome :) i'm sure you won't feel offended if i don't add comments to how handsome you are, i guess we're not mutually interested anyway. ;)

@mousie: i'm not afraid of you either but i hardly ever hear you commenting on my pics... :rolleyes: :p

rahvin.

mousewings said:
Nice picture. You're cute.
Thanks for the compliement... :hotjump:

mousewings said:
Because he's cute and hasn't become afraid of me like everyone else has...?
So, if what you say is correct, many people on this board must have very low self-asteem. :tickled:

Afraid is only a state of mind which tells you that you interract with someone or something greater than yourself, all according to yourself, of course.

I believe I have developed a strong will, and I rarely get afraid of people or things.

But really, I don't know you yet. And as you may have understood by now, I presume that you are a girl. If you are not, let me know.

Maybe you're the devil in disguise, and has been born just to terrorize me. :cool:

rahvin said:
@collapse generation: hello and *proper* welcome :) i'm sure you won't feel offended if i don't add comments to how handsome you are, i guess we're not mutually interested anyway.
I presume you're a guy just like me. Of course, compliments are nice and seldom received in my case, but then again, you could just leave them and give them to someone else. A nice girl in your neighbourhood for example? :)

Miolo said:
@collapse generation: i see a dream theater poster behind you. nice idea, have some rep. :D

Miolo (dt freak)
Hello my fellow Dream Theater freak! Nice to meet you. Do you post over at the Dream Theater board?

Caelestia said:
I think Collapse is cute too. He looks like my first bf. Post more pics!
You people shouldn't make first-time visitors blush like that. Shame on you! :hotjump:

Just for the record, I presume that you are a girl too. If not, let me know.

More pics you say? Tell me what you want pics of, and I can surely arrange something... :cool:

Damn folks, I am really rambling on today, huh?

It's nice to get a warm welcome like this has been. Thanks!

Collapse is definetly better looking than horse´s-ass of to/die/for.. If anyone happens to remember that conversation..

@collapse: welcome aboard, I am he who likes to:
-farm,reap and share "humour" from downstairs
-post broken links
-post messages full of typos on purpose.
-pull legs of newbies/alternative option: flame them.

What an introspection.

I am Zsuzsa, a die-hard Finntroll and viking-folk metal fan and a forum and computer addict :)

I'm 18yrs old girl, have a cat and a dog, live with my Mom, but mostly with my comp :zombie:

I study in the capital, 80km's away from where I live, and I am a private student but now I just graduated and I hope I can get into a university.
I live at my grandma's place when I am in the capital, but rarely spend my time there, instead I just hang out with my friends :)

Hmm, I luv Finland above all, but mostly because of the ppl there, not because of the nature and envirovement (even If it is nice too :) )

Uhh...I really can't think of anything else right now, this lil' fragment of my life should be enough as an introducion :)

rahvin said:
@collapse: that was just to inform you that all your inferences about the gender of people around here are correct.
Hehe, thanks. :D
stefan86 said:
The Gallery and Projector are 2 DT records impossible to live without.
I might actually buy Projector in a near future. :devil:
Tristessa said:
I add my vote, he's cute indeed.
:loco:

I add my vote too. :D
RealHazard said:
Collapse is definetly better looking than horse´s-ass of to/die/for.. If anyone happens to remember that conversation..

@collapse: welcome aboard, I am he who likes to:
-farm,reap and share "humour" from downstairs
-post broken links
-post messages full of typos on purpose.
-pull legs of newbies/alternative option: flame them.

What an introspection.
Still trying, and still failing to understand what that To/Die/For reference was all about. Care to explain? :heh:

Anyway, nice to meet you Mr. scary. :devil:

And hello to Zsuzsa! :cool:

Collapse Generation said:
Hello my fellow Dream Theater freak! Nice to meet you. Do you post over at the Dream Theater board?
no, actually this is the only board where i post regularly. however, sometimes i lurk around on the dream theater board and others related to them. :p

btw, i had a look at your cd collection, you have great tastes. :D where did you get those psychotic waltz albums? it seems they're impossible to find around here. :cry:

Miolo

You people shouldn't make first-time visitors blush like that. Shame on you! :hotjump:

Just for the record, I presume that you are a girl too. If not, let me know.

More pics you say? Tell me what you want pics of, and I can surely arrange something... :cool:

*hangs head in shame* :erk:

should i tell you that you're ugly as sin and you make my flesh crawl instead? if i do, i would be lying :p

am i a girl?

*checks*

yep. post whatever pics (of yourself) that you like. i'm open to suggestion :)

Miolo said:
no, actually this is the only board where i post regularly. however, sometimes i lurk around on the dream theater board and others related to them. :p

btw, i had a look at your cd collection, you have great tastes. :D where did you get those psychotic waltz albums? it seems they're impossible to find around here. !:cry:

Miolo
I got the PW albums off ebay. However, I bought the live one from Ken over at Laser's Edge. ( www.lasercd.com )

Caelestia said:
should i tell you that you're ugly as sin and you make my flesh crawl instead? if i do, i would be lying :p

am i a girl?

*checks*

yep. post whatever pics (of yourself) that you like. i'm open to suggestion
The way you arrange your words remind me of someone. You shouldn't really care about that though, but it's actually a bit difficult for me to concentrate right now. And it's f****** late.

I do have some other pictures, but I don't really feel like throwing them up on this board. So I apologize if you had your hopes set up high. :Smug:

If I was ugly as sin, would you be my redemption? ;)

9 pages... Good late night reading material when I'm ultra-bored :p

I'm Joe, I turn 21 in less then a month from Philadelphia, PA USA, Been a DT fan since 1999, Metalhead since I was 8 years old, and I run a metal website, hoping to turn my love for music into a career (as a rock journalist or something similar).

I've seen DT twice, met them all except for the elusive Niklas (you can't hide from me forever... :p ) and look really forward to the next US tour.

What else should I say?

@Dmanx Pit: Welcome to the board if I haven't welcomed you already. :)
Thanks for the compliement... :hotjump:

So, if what you say is correct, many people on this board must have very low self-asteem. :tickled:

Afraid is only a state of mind which tells you that you interract with someone or something greater than yourself, all according to yourself, of course.

I believe I have developed a strong will, and I rarely get afraid of people or things.

But really, I don't know you yet. And as you may have understood by now, I presume that you are a girl. If you are not, let me know.

Maybe you're the devil in disguise, and has been born just to terrorize me. :cool:
You're welcome, and you guessed right. I am female.

Hehe, I was mainly kidding about the afraid part. Ergh, a lot of people really do find me creepy and are afraid... but not sure about the ones here. Me thinks the people here find me odd at most. Yes, you don't know me yet nor I you, but your reasoning is quite unique and interesting. Pretty cool way to think of things... especially for me. :D

And I could be the devil, as I do cause enough problems (but mostly my own). I'm happy to cause some for others too. :D

Edit: the To/Die/For reference is in the check out new bands thread. I don't really think that guy is cute. He'd be okay if he didn't have that horrible dye job and those piercings. He still wouldn't be that cute though.

mousewings said:
@Dmanx Pit: Welcome to the board if I haven't welcomed you already. :)
You're welcome, and you guessed right. I am female.

Hehe, I was mainly kidding about the afraid part. Ergh, a lot of people really do find me creepy and are afraid... but not sure about the ones here. Me thinks the people here find me odd at most. Yes, you don't know me yet nor I you, but your reasoning is quite unique and interesting. Pretty cool way to think of things... especially for me. :D

And I could be the devil, as I do cause enough problems (but mostly my own). I'm happy to cause some for others too. :D

Edit: the To/Die/For reference is in the check out new bands thread. I don't really think that guy is cute. He'd be okay if he didn't have that horrible dye job and those piercings. He still wouldn't be that cute though.

As I lay down, my thoughts go to sleep.

How can a person tell when he knows another person or not?
I am mystified by that question.

I thought I knew a girl, but she turned out to be someone else. She
was actually my girlfriend for a short amount of time, believe it or not.

It turned out that she had an even darker view of the thing we call life
than I had. And now, when I look back, I can understand that she
didn't really like me. But I won't babble about her now. :loco:

But that you are odd? I doubt it. I guess "odd" is all about showing your
true self to others. I believe that every person is "odd" one way or the
other, but many just "play along" and hide their true self. So basically, I
really like odd people.

This makes me think of the Earthdawn RPG, which is based around patterns.

Each entity with the power to name, is called namegiver. Each
namegiver has a "true pattern", which holds every bit of information
about this namegiver. Even personality and behaviour. It's possible
to weave a thread to this pattern, and gain useful information and
to strengthen other abilities.

I can believe that there exists some things like this in our world too,
and that people alter their true pattern by pretending to be someone
else. When people do just that, they are really being themselves,
because it is normal for that person to do so.

So when people say "he isn't himself" or "she isn't herself", I don't buy
it, because I believe that whatever a person does, it's a reflection of
their inner self, no matter what. If a person is totally drunk, and does
something stupid or funny, it's a reflection of their I (not eye!).

By the way, I bought Projector today. :Spin: