The goals thread

Yeah, I never got that either, and I still don't really want to "settle down". I just want to experience motherhood. Now. I can't imagine anything more earth shattering and amazing than GIVING BIRTH.
You can never be the same again after that..physically and mentally. (Unless it's some sort of hospital birth where you're knocked out, drugged up and have your baby tugged out of you with forceps :erk: )

I don't get the rush either. I know a lot of people in their low 20s that have been engaged or have thought about wanting children within the next few years.

goals:
graduate, get a master's or MFA in creative writing and/or english
get a good teaching job
have a nice house somewhere along the northwest with a backyard, so I can have a dog
publish a collection of short stories (I'm self publishing one soon through lulu.com)
be married and maybe have kids around 30
travel all over europe and parts of Asia and Oceania

mmm that's about it

Yeah... And that's my main problem----- NO men my age are willing to make the fucking commitment to have a baby before they're like, 43. And by then I'D BE TOO OLD TO HAVE ONE!

It's really, really frustrating and depressing. I'm ready now. But no reasonable/attractive/smart guy with good DNA is going to be for the next 20 years.

edit: The only way would be to hook up with some old dude who is finally ready. But I don't want that. I want Sean's baby, I want a baby with the man I love and I don't want to wait until my ovaries start to shrivel and my uterus dries up like a prune and then try and have a baby and have like 20 miscarriages before my body's just like "FINE! We'll have one now! Let's get it over with so you can start menopause".

:cry:

I'd be willing to make the commitment, but I'd rather be somewhat financially stable and have a career before I bring other people into my world (or the world in general).

I'm not really sure what I want to do with my life; I find the notion of settling down at a job/career way too...confining. It feels like society expects you find a niche and stick with it the rest of your life, and since many people (including me) have a very hard time moving up the economic ladder, ideas, wants, and dreams take longer and longer and longer to reach (if they are reached at all). Because we all must face the facts - to really do anything in this world, you need money.

Well, you could be a bum, or a hermit and stow away and become self sufficient off the land...but that really isn't my thing, I want to know what's going on in the world.

Goals: I would like to try my hands at many trades, have some form of economic security, and be happy with myself and my life. Also, even if it is a dream, I would like to contribute something of great value to humanity.

Also, :lol: @:
I have no dreams; I'm merely a fleshy shell taking up space in this meaningless existence :erk:
The only thing matched by my despondency is my irrational belief in various deities that have roamed the human mind in countless incarnations throughout the millennia since the appearance of our species as we understand it today.

My goal? To be a theist. Yeah that's right, but not just any type of theist, I want to be a christian fundie! I want to be a man/woman that is fueled by drugs, gay sex, and a dire need to experience hypocrisy in any form possible. I want to snort cocaine off of a sweaty mans ass and pay for a poll blow in a greasy alley behind an Applebees. I also want a crapload of money for telling other weaker people what to believe, because nothing is more powerful than giving the meek solace.