The hockey thread

I think the wildcard in the SFC will comedown to net minding really.

Whichever goalie plays best will win the series. I'd be much more comfortable with Roloson or Thomas in net than I would Luongo.

In Luongo's defence, he looked very good last night. Roloson, meanwhile, looked shaky at best tonight.

I am rooting for Tampa because of Steve Yzerman. The man has had quite a good year for being a rookie GM.

this
god damn I hate their faggot ass fans.
"LOOOOOOOOO!!!!"
SHUT THE FUCK UP! HE MADE A RANDOM ASS BORING SAVE!

That and even if it could maybe just maybe be called a penalty, they whine like the gay bitches that they are. fuck off!

This is funny coming from a Blues fan.

Honestly, there were a ton of non-calls, I've never agreed with that policy.

However if Boston thinks they'll let things slip against the NHL's fave team this year they'll have serious issues.

Thomas and Chara are scary. Boston's offense and PP? Not so much. Also looks like Vancouver is getting Manny "PK monster" Malhotra back, so how is Boston going to score at all on their PPs? My bet is that Vancouver wins this in 6 games.

Overhype? They've been dominating the league in pretty much every statistics imaginable all year long. I've watched Boston play 8 playoff games this year, not impressed.

Amazing game-7 BRUINS. It had that overtime feel to it throughout.

Vancouver may have the edge in some areas. But I'll say for sure...the Bruins will come at them harder and tougher than any team Vancouver has faced. Can't wait! Chara is scary...but his partner Seidenberg has been immense as well. Hopefully they can continue to play shut down D-

I think Boston has the better, more reliable goaltender no doubt. However, I think Vancouver is a much more versatile team that can surpass or at the very least match Boston in all other aspects. I've been right about all my predictions this year and I think Vancouver will win this series. Regardless, it should be a great and exciting final!

What the fuck do you know? Fucking Swedes.

Hell, I don't get it Der Morgenstern, why shouldn't I know this stuff? Vancouver is far from the only team I watch, you know. The Rangers have been my second favourite team since the mid 90s so I'm very well versed in the eastern conference too. And regarding the "fucking Swedes" comment, well what's up with that!?

Well I can't say I have any animosity towards Boston to be honest. The Rangers have sucked fairly hard on their own the last decade, and Vancouver and Boston, obviously, have never played each other often enough to create any hatred (until now then perhaps :)).

Its funny...I use to like the Bure / Linden led Canucks. I was rooting for them bigtime to beat the Rangers in the 94' finals. Though it was more that I hate(d) NY.

The upcoming finals is a great matchup imo...should be good stuff!
Not that it'll matter now...but Thomas's lifetime stats against the Canucks is scary. 3-0 / .990% / 0.33 gaa