The hockey thread

Not pro, but this fight is amazing...How are they still standing with punches like that being thrown

Last edited by a moderator:
and this is what happens to Goalies these days when they give up a big goal? Yikes! Then the stupid ass swings his stick a 2nd time. Honestly, this horrible reaction of busting sticks over goal posts happens too often...I say penalize players for doing this. Too dangerous and doesn't look good!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jETOshVnLO8&feature=related[/ame]

and this is what happens to Goalies these days when they give up a big goal? Yikes! Then the stupid ass swings his stick a 2nd time. Honestly, this horrible reaction of busting sticks over goal posts happens too often...I say penalize players for doing this. Too dangerous and doesn't look good!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jETOshVnLO8&feature=related

Why penalize a player for breaking his stick....How many times has it actually happened where a goalie gets hit in the face by his own teamate swinging a stick into the post.

Why penalize a player for breaking his stick....How many times has it actually happened where a goalie gets hit in the face by his own teamate swinging a stick into the post.

Why??
Penalize for two reasons...
1. It shows piss-poor sportsmanship...should be a 2-min. un-sportsman-like penalty...period!
Also, its unappealing to fans and more-so not for the kids to see.

2. Breaking the stick simply happens too frequently. Players are lucky that there has not been even more serious injuries from this...and not just to a goalie. Atleast penalize for safe preventative measures going forward.

Hockey players are tough enough and endure enough physical abuse / injuries during games. We don't need to see needless tantrums that could cause a serious injury.

Why??
Penalize for two reasons...
1. It shows piss-poor sportsmanship...should be a 2-min. un-sportsman-like penalty...period!
Also, its unappealing to fans and more-so not for the kids to see.

Are you serious, piss-poor sportsmanship... Your basically saying if a players swings at the boards because he missed an open net, means he should get a penalty? Come on man, be reasonable here. Some of the best players in the world swing there sticks in frustration Even Ovechkin does it.

There's more to it then just swinging the stick too, a goal like that could change the outcome of a game. Especially if he fans on a pass or shot, and it ends up being a breakaway for the opposing team leading to a goal. You blame yourself when it happens, and frustrated with yourself, hell how would you feel if you fanned on a pass from on the blueline with 10 seconds left in the game leading to a game winning goal. It's not the greatest feeling in the world. Be serious, I don't remember another time where the exact same thing has happened. So there shouldn't be a penalty.

And as far as the not appealing to the fans part of your post. No one really cares about someone swinging a stick at a post or the boards. Because it's been part of Hockey for god knows how long. There not just gonna change the rule because of one incident.

Now you want to talk about rule changes. How about refs being able to review there own mistakes...The rule where if the ref loses site of the puck he automatically blows the whistle. Seriously that has cost so many important goals to some teams it's retarded.

Are you serious, piss-poor sportsmanship... Your basically saying if a players swings at the boards because he missed an open net, means he should get a penalty? Come on man, be reasonable here. Some of the best players in the world swing there sticks in frustration Even Ovechkin does it.

There's more to it then just swinging the stick too, a goal like that could change the outcome of a game. Especially if he fans on a pass or shot, and it ends up being a breakaway for the opposing team leading to a goal. You blame yourself when it happens, and frustrated with yourself, hell how would you feel if you fanned on a pass from on the blueline with 10 seconds left in the game leading to a game winning goal. It's not the greatest feeling in the world. Be serious, I don't remember another time where the exact same thing has happened. So there shouldn't be a penalty.

And as far as the not appealing to the fans part of your post. No one really cares about someone swinging a stick at a post or the boards. Because it's been part of Hockey for god knows how long. There not just gonna change the rule because of one incident.

Now you want to talk about rule changes. How about refs being able to review there own mistakes...The rule where if the ref loses site of the puck he automatically blows the whistle. Seriously that has cost so many important goals to some teams it's retarded.

I am dead serious...and it is piss-poor. I don't care if its a star player doing it or not...it should be un-sportsman-like across the board. Its a game of emotion and it needs to be controlled to a certain point, atleast the unnecessary reactions after a key play or moment is over. The key word was "preventative"...why is this such a bad thing or how don't you get this? Just because injuries haven't frequently occured from this before, it doesn't make the action any less foolish or unnecessarily dangerous. I'm not going to discuss all these other rule changes and stuff now...this is simply a suggestion to enforce a penalty to something wich I haven't liked seeing in the NHL for a while now.

Wether its 1-player or 20-players being injured from this? One injured player is enough to atleast bring attention to and look at this. What will it take?...maybe when Cammalleri scores a game winning goal in OT and while celebrating with his teammates behind the net, he has his eye taken out by the wrong end of a busted stick. One that was swung and busted by the opposing D-man who was acting like a 5 yr. old having a tantrum, or who was frustrated as you put it. Maybe then you'll understand my point and think differently?

After watching the video I'm going to have to take muzmaze's side on this argument..although I don't think that it should be banned or anything like that, I just really think they should be considerate of their surroundings! ! Hit the ice or something! What fucking dumbass player swings so close to the goalie you know?

But on a lighter note..KINGS BABY! 4th in the western conference and 2nd in the pacific division? Is this a dream? I keep expecting to wake up and find them in the bottom 3 of the conference any day now! Could this be it..could this be the time when we finally clench the Cup?!! Maybe I'm getting a little bit ahead of myself now, but we are playing at such a different level this season that I'm not going to settle for just a play-off spot this time...I want the full shabang

Whatever...If you guys think it should be a penalty fine, but the league isn't even looking into it at all. So it'll never happen.

Fucking Öhlund, Zetterberg will be gone 4 to six weeks. I'm just hoping it won't take longer :erk:

10-1 to Sweden against the Czech Republic, currently 15-0 or something to Canada against Latvia, this isn't awesome in any way, it makes the sport seem silly.

10-1 to Sweden against the Czech Republic, currently 15-0 or something to Canada against Latvia, this isn't awesome in any way, it makes the sport seem silly.

Nothing you can do when the only power houses are Sweden, Canada, Russia and USA. I mean sure it's not funny, but from the other country's in the tournament how many superstars have emerged out of Latvia? 1 or 2?...I can understand for Czech Republic because they have had alot of great players come out of their country it's hard to believe...

How ironic that Austria(!) scores three straight goals against us today hehe.

Sweden's Olympic roster got released today:

Goaltenders:
Jonas Gustavsson
Stefan Liv
Henrik Lundqvist

Defensemen:
Tobias Enström
Magnus Johansson
Niklas Kronwall
Nicklas Lidström (C)
Douglas Murray
Johnny Oduya
Henrik Tallinder
Mattias Öhlund

Forwards:
Daniel Alfredsson
Nicklas Bäckström
Loui Eriksson
Peter Forsberg
Tomas Holmström
Patric Hörnqvist
Fredrik Modin
Samuel Påhlsson
Daniel Sedin
Henrik Sedin
Mattias Weinhandl
Henrik Zetterberg

Quite as expected, only surprises to me are Modin and Hörnqvist. For Hörnqvist, I don't think we need another Homer, and as far as Modin goes, I didn't even know he still played. I'd prefer Huselius and Samuelsson, and it's a shame that Franzén is injured, but what the heck.

The Winter Classic at Fenway Park was FOOOOOKIN SWEEEEEET!
The fur rose and tears nearly filled my eyes seeing B. Clark and more-so B. Orr skating out there as honorary captains. The game was tense and a constant battle...the Flyers always play the Bruins very tough. Boston scored late to tie it, then won it in OT 2-1. A nice little moment for the B's and a great day for the NHL!

My only gripe was the network coverage kinda over-did (though I love) the baseball history aspect (of Fenway), it was a hockey game afterall. The singing of "Sweet Caroline" wich I don't even really like during RedSox games felt out of place. It didn't really gel too well with the hockey crowd IMO? Otherwise...very well done!