The hockey thread

Wow the US actually beat Canada? It's a fuckin miracle. I can't imagine how pissed those Canadians must be. Very truly i say that there will be great rioting and violent upheaval in Canada. This event may even mark the end of Canada as we all know it, for all of Canada will burn and so will its people. RIP Canada.

:lol:...and Canada was the host country this year.
Well, Canada has had thier share of success in this tourney and at all levels of hockey...so no sympathy!

I didn't see the game but I expected this already in the first USA - Canada game, USA was really good. I'm really annoyed that Sweden can never win a fucking junior gold for some reason, not since '81 have we won.

I'm stunned to hear that Sweden has not won it since '81.

I have an idea...but can someone give me the list (in order) of countries that were favored to win it this year? Just trying to gage, if any, the level of an upset or surprise with the US winning this. Also, I believe the US Jr-jr's won thier own tourney as well, going 6-0?... bodes well for the future US Jr teams.

Mathiäs;8807866 said:
Yeah that was pretty cool, the US finally beats Canada.

And the Blues fired coach Andy Murray a few days ago. Hopefully they can start winning at home now.

Brad Boyes seems to continue to do well for the Blues. How do you like his overall game? I still kinda miss him...more his offense and potential that the Bruins needed or need. The B's find offense in spurts but not consistantly enough right now, (hello Phil Kessel?)
They better use the abundance of draft picks accumilated (kessel deal) and trade for a sniper...or draft the best goal scorer hands down next year. Some rumors floating of the B's trying to make a deal and acquire Kovalchuk? Woah, what a fit this would be. Kovalchuk with an original-6 team, in a real sports city, with a nice future / cast of players around him.

Nobody in Sweden likes Tommy Salo after watching the infamous Sweden Vs Belarus in the 2002 Olympics

Congrats Henrik Sedin on your first 100p+ season! Örnsköldsvik continues to deliver the goods.

8039020_500x284_0,0_440x250.jpg

I'm going to go ahead and say that Crosby doesn't score 8 points today.

img514x344

ArtRossTrophyLarge.jpg

Congrats Henrik to the Art Ross trophy! I hereby brag like a motherfucker, and dethrone Detroit, in order to declare Örnsköldsvik, with two Art Ross winners, fucking Hockeytown.

Sedins also scored this insane goal yesterday:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5js9ZzeJ4M&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Boston College wins the national title. Woot fucking woot.

I was being sarcastic. Leave it to a Big 10 school to blow a shot at a national title (regardless of the sport). Fuck! :mad:

BTW, I'm feeling pretty good about Pittsburgh being matched up against Ottawa in the first round. New Jersey and Washington are the only teams in the east that I'm scared of the Penguins playing.

Epic goal from the Swiss League last night:

Last edited by a moderator:
got a few bets with a red wings fan here. sabres make it past 2nd round(at least conf. finals imo) and red wings wont make cup. GO SABRES