The hockey thread

Caps somehow managed to pull that game out last night. They were down 4-1 towards the end of the 2nd and won. That's got to be a morale killer for Montreal.

I wonder if it's ever happened before that each game series is at 1-1 after two rounds.

Do you follow Elitserien CC? AIK moves up from AS and Djurgården is in the final round, this will boost hockey in Stockholm to how it was in the 90s.

No I haven't followed Elitserien properly since I left..and also Redhawks has just been a complete embarassement for years!

Also I'm reading up on their financial crisis and a move to a new arena!? Man I remember the good old days when I'd go to Malmö Isstadion in the 90s! To be fair though, that arena was pretty crap (especially now that I live in LA and go to Staples Center)

I kinda like small and old arenas. I remember going to Kempehallen in the 90s, it was like standing in a cold barn housing 5000 people, but that also made it very intimate and atmospheric.

Right out of the gate the NHL playoffs (minus some bad officiating at times) have been entirely fantastic so far!

I only see parts of the playoffs so far. I saw some of the parts on Sportscenter yesterday, after watching the Mavs-Spurs game on TNT. I saw the Blackhawks game on VS for the last two minutes of the game.

:lol: thanks, nice...I can't stand the Sharks and the Avs are the only other team for some reason that I root for.
Did not know that was how that game ended. I'm watching parts of almost every game / series available, thankfully our network cable (again recently) just added the versus channel right before the playoffs started. Being on east coast though...sometimes miss these late games / endings.

all the first round matchups are really quite good.

Can you believe this? Montreal coming back down 3 games to 1 and knocking off the best team in the NHL in Game 7. This is why the playoffs are great.

Bring on Pittsburgh baby!

Can you believe this? Montreal coming back down 3 games to 1 and knocking off the best team in the NHL in Game 7. This is why the playoffs are great.

Bring on Pittsburgh baby!

First off, I'm still pissed off at you and your scumb-bag inappropriate comments about being all giddy and such about Savard getting hurt with the concussion. Savard is completely a professional player who was unfortunately taken out by a known cheapshot artist in Cook. Thankfully, Savvy is now returning for the next series.

Wether you give a shit or not...I needed to get that out of my system...movin on.

Yes, nearly unbelievable...huuuuuge props to Montreal for winning that series. There is nothing as exciting or dramatic as the NHL playoffs! It was very strange to watch and actually root for Montreal to win...but I'll happily take it. Instead of facing Pitt now...the Bruins have home-ice verse a banged-up but tough Philly team. GO B's!

First off, I'm still pissed off at you and your scumb-bag inappropriate comments about being all giddy and such about Savard getting hurt with the concussion. Savard is completely a professional player who was unfortunately taken out by a known cheapshot artist in Cook. Thankfully, Savvy is now returning for the next series.

Wether you give a shit or not...I needed to get that out of my system...movin on.

The fuck are you talking about? I think your mistaking me for someone else. I never said or commented on anything about Savard and his concussion, I don't like seeing players go down like that. The only thing I probably said was that they are done without him, obviously I was wrong.