The "I don't understand why people DON'T like this band" thread

I get the 'ov' and also 'fukk' etc...but where does the 'Apostacy' come from? I've never even seen the band use that...

Dimmu Borgir

you have to admit, they've got some pretty cool songs. I think if there weren't so many bands trying to mimic them, they'd still be original.

and Summoning seems decent from what I've heard.

I don't understand why people don't like Behemoth. People who are in to similar bands especially.
I do like Behemoth in general, and I respect its members. But I can't stand Nergal's vocals, that's why I don't listen to them much. Same thing with Nile.

I totally understand why people hate Meshuggah, although it's one of my favorite bands.

Dimmu Borgir

you have to admit, they've got some pretty cool songs. I think if there weren't so many bands trying to mimic them, they'd still be original.

and Summoning seems decent from what I've heard.

I had a good feeling when I first hear this band, but after a little time, it seems to be too naive.

the new behemoth was a let down. behemoth doesnt do a good job ov ripping off nile. and thats obviously what they were trying to do.

i think dimmu borgir gets alot of shit thrown at em, and the only reason i can think of is a group of BM nazis decided they werent kvlt anymore. and because most bm fans are sheep, they followed suit. id rather listen to them over a darkthrone clone.

i really dont understand why people dont like emperor. though i suspect its because they got big (in the metal scene). see my comments on dimmu borgir
~gR~

I don't see why people don't like Necrophagist. Obviously they are super technical but also I like the sound of their songs. The sweeps and whatever make them more interesting than the random obscure brutal death band playing the same generic slam riffs over and over.

Rhapsody of Fire. Such a fun band, but they are considered 'gay' because, I suppose, they aren't 'br00tal' enough. Well, I love everything metal...and I love Rhapsody's music too.

power metal in general gets alot of shit. and that makes no sense to me, because if you like maiden and preist, its not a big leap to rhapsody and blind guardian

and if you dont like maiden or priest, you need to leave right now
~gR~

Rhapsody needs to get more recognition. Hell they use full on Orchestras in their music. I also don't understand how someone can love Maiden or Judas Priest but hate power metal bands that sound quite a bit similar to them.

Power metal in general gets too much shit. Sure, it's not inhumanly harsh or brutal, but plenty of power metal bands are worth a listen, such as Helloween, Blind Guardian, and Sonata Arctica.

I don't get why so many people bash Children of Bodom's first three (classic) albums. I get why they dislike them for releasing HCDR and AYDY, but they seem to get compared to bands like Kalmah too much. Children of Bodom are better songwriters than Kalmah, anyway.

Lol my thread got locked before I even woke up.

Anyway, Bal-Sagoth leaps to mind. Once you get passed spoken-word vox it's great material.

power metal in general gets alot of shit. and that makes no sense to me, because if you like maiden and preist, its not a big leap to rhapsody and blind guardian

and if you dont like maiden or priest, you need to leave right now
~gR~

It is FAR too big a leap for me to make from Maiden and Priest to may-as-well-be-guitarless shit bands like Rhapsody.

For what it is worth I don't quite get why people don't like Pain of Salvation most of the time. I've heard someone say something about stiffness, but that never made any sense to me.