The "I don't understand why people DON'T like this band" thread

power metal... guitarless?

youre a fucking moron. power metal is almost completly dependant on guitar shredding. look at all the big power metal bands. rhapsody, blind guardian, helloween, dragonforce, iced earth... their lead guitar players are complete shredders, and there music is centered around it. give me one example of a power metal band with no need for a guitar, and i'll show you a cocksucker from guatemala...

actually, no. youre not allowed to post here anymore, you're too fucking stupid. kill yourself
~gR~

power metal... guitarless?

youre a fucking moron. power metal is almost completly dependant on guitar shredding. look at all the big power metal bands. rhapsody, blind guardian, helloween, dragonforce, iced earth... their lead guitar players are complete shredders, and there music is centered around it. give me one example of a power metal band with no need for a guitar, and i'll show you a cocksucker from guatemala...

actually, no. youre not allowed to post here anymore, you're too fucking stupid. kill yourself
~gR~

I said Rhapsody, they're NOT focused around their guitarist. They're way too fucking focused on Fabio and their "orchestra" shit.

Also you'd better show me a cocksucker from Guatemala pretty soon because I can show you a power metal band without guitars.

http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=87185

It's not so much that I don't understand why people don't like the band...what I don't understand is why so many people HATE Blood Tsunami with a passion :[ I've never been given an answer beyond "LoL, they suck" and "ROFL STUPID ALBUM NAME."

Also you'd better show me a cocksucker from Guatemala pretty soon because I can show you a power metal band without guitars.

http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=87185

How can it be considered metal if there are no guitars? As far as I know, at its core, metal is a guitar-driven genre. Van Canto is good at forming metal-like melodies with their voices, but can it really called metal?

It's not so much that I don't understand why people don't like the band...what I don't understand is why so many people HATE Blood Tsunami with a passion :[ I've never been given an answer beyond "LoL, they suck" and "ROFL STUPID ALBUM NAME."

They pretend to be something that they're not.

Primal Fear. I think they're fucking great - and indeed, much better than Priest are these days. I also can't really understand why Cathedral are shown such utter disdain by a whole sub-strata of doom fans.

A Cappella Epic Power Metal?!?!

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ok, you got me there. i change my statement to: find 3 PM bands with no need for a guitar
~gR~

Primal Fear. I think they're fucking great - and indeed, much better than Priest are these days. I also can't really understand why Cathedral are shown such utter disdain by a whole sub-strata of doom fans.

METAL IS FOREVER! primal fear is fantastic

i dunno about cathedral. ive never seen alot of shit talking about them. though, sometimes i just cant listen to em.
~gR~

They pretend to be something that they're not.

Maybe

... Some people has questioned if we really play thrash metal or not, and to them I must say… If it isn’t thrash, well what the hell is it then? I agree that the title of our album is very bold and arrogant… But we have never said that we are the kings of thrash metal or anything. The album is more or less our tribute to the genre and the 80’s thrash metal movement… But we are not trying to copy or sound like any of those classic bands. We play it our own way… We play thrash metal, norwegian thrash metal, …not german or american, but we are of course inspired by those scenes among several other bands and generes. I think we have our own touch to it…

Does that make you feel any different about them? :saint: (Not trying to sound condescending)

I was quite dissapointed when I heard Blood Tsunami - maybe I would have been more receptive if the mainstream metal press print magazines hadn't covered the release of the album rather more prominently than it deserved. In my opinion, something like, say, Dekapitator sounds much better. Just my opinion.

I totally understand why people hate Meshuggah, although it's one of my favorite bands.

It's because they have songs where they play one power-chord for 5 minutes,etc... and people think it's rocket science.

If by "Norwegian Thrash Metal" they mean "Swedish Melodic Death Metal with Poorly Regurgitated Thrash Metal Aesthetics akin to bands like The Haunted and Dew Scented," then I suppose you're right. Very few genuine Thrash Metal bands like Death Fuck, Emptor, Tribulation, and Vigilante ever got off the ground in Norway because they came late to the game, having bands forming in the very late 80s, and many of them were already moving on to more extreme styles of Metal. Norway never really had much to speak of in the way of pure Thrash Metal. Blood Tsunami certainly isn't an exception.

Blood Tsunami certainly isn't an exception.

They sound like metalcore with a (very) little thrash guitar and shitty screamo vocals.

It's not thrash, it's a bunch of short haired faggots trying to pass themselves off as thrash to a generation of unknowledgable headbangers weened off Trivium, 3 Inches Of Blood and Cradle Of Filth.

They sound more like Dew Scented and The Haunted and everyone who came in their wake than Metalcore...though Dew Scented is thrashier.

Arctic Monkeys, Motion City Soundtrack and American Hi-Fi. They all have unique sounds and catchy tunes. I don't understand why people hate them, a lot of people can't even come up with reasons why they hate the bands and just hate them because some of their songs have been mainstream. I hate people who think ALL mainstream sucks. I admit there is no mainstream band/artist that hasn't had a shit tune that people have gone crazy for. But some mainstream bands have some songs that are good.

I also don't get why so many people hate Slayer. They have made some of the best Thrash albums of all time and just because their new stuff is not so good (which isn't really a new concept with many older bands these days) they get pissed on by metal fans all the time.

I also don't get why so many people hate Slayer. They have made some of the best Thrash albums of all time and just because their new stuff is not so good (which isn't really a new concept with many older bands these days) they get pissed on by metal fans all the time.

I don't understand this either.

METAL IS FOREVER! primal fear is fantastic

:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: I don't think I ever hated a power metal band as much as this band, and I even love power metal.

Power metal in general gets too much shit. Sure, it's not inhumanly harsh or brutal, but plenty of power metal bands are worth a listen, such as Helloween, Blind Guardian, and Sonata Arctica.

Very true, love all three of the bands you listed.

I don't get why so many people bash Children of Bodom's first three (classic) albums. I get why they dislike them for releasing HCDR and AYDY, but they seem to get compared to bands like Kalmah too much. Children of Bodom are better songwriters than Kalmah, anyway.

CoB seems to get old fast.