The "I don't understand why people DON'T like this band" thread

Devildriver is great. I don't know why people hate this band. Probably because Dez was in Coal Chamber, but whatever.

See I had no idea anyone in Devildriver had been in other bands yet I really wanted to die when I saw them live once. And really from what I've heard I doubt that their recordings are that much better no matter with which bands "Dez" was playing with before.

power metal in general gets alot of shit. and that makes no sense to me, because if you like maiden and preist, its not a big leap to rhapsody and blind guardian

and if you dont like maiden or priest, you need to leave right now
~gR~

I didn't like Maiden until a few months ago. I'm a die hard grindcore fan so I guess it makes sense.

people dislike amon amarth because the put the same album out every 18 months. plus they and unleashed are death metal bands, not "viking" bands.

that doesnt detract from once sent being wicked though

people dislike amon amarth because the put the same album out every 18 months. plus they and unleashed are death metal bands, not "viking" bands.

that doesnt detract from once sent being wicked though

Yes and because their albums get old fast, or so I heard by a fair ammount of metalheads. They have yet to get old to me, thank Odin.

Why would anyone even think DevilDriver is death metal? Metal-archives is completely inaccurate as well calling them metalcore and melodic death, they've never been either nor have they been close to. However, I do agree with the 'groove metal' description.

Bands I like that I think get too much shit/hate:

Nile
Belphegor (and blackened death in general for that matter)
Cannibal Corpse
Suffocation
Nargaroth (though Kanwulf is a big fucking tool)
Nazgul
latter day At the Gates
latter day Immortal
Amon Amarth
In Battle

and more

Generally black/death mix doesn't appeal to me but Belphegor is fantastic, though I've never really heard that many people say bad things about them.

You know, I would of agreed with you on all Amon Amarth's albums sounding alike when I first started listening to them. But now I can hear definate differences (mostly in the drums, to be honest).

And I've found myself liking their first album, Once From The Golden Hall, much more then the others...

Of course there are going to be differences between each of their albums. But it's the exact same formula every time. One album (their first) is suffice to appreciate Amon Amarth for me. I guess if you really love them, then the remaining albums would appease, otherwise I'd say they are pretty redundant.