The "I don't understand why people DON'T like this band" thread

It's true that their following albums are nothing groundbreaking, but their music is consistently good. So quite frankly, I don't give two shits. There are many bands out there doing amazing stuff, I don't need every artist I listen to doing unique or legendary music, so I have no problems with Amon Amarth.

I think Killswitch had some very good first albums. Their self-titled album was great and their follow up wasn't too bad, but when 2004 reared it's ugly head they began sucking more than Blue Jay behind the church.

I liked SF up until The War Within, then they got mediocre.

... like the way that they take the corpse of "Hatework" and then proceed to take a big old piss all over it while singing nice old pop melodies as they do it ?

lamb of god imo is the best band in the whole hardcore scene, killswitch has a few good songs but i hate the clear singing shit and hardcore vocals (that all sound like triviums earlier stuff)to many hardcore bands sound the same, lamb of god at least has dif vocals.

behemoths new album imo isnt that good thier blackend death stuff was thier best, and i do think theyre trying to sound like nile whose new album was great.

dimmu borgir has quite a few good songs i just dont really like a lot of the keyboard stuff they do. i dont get how people say they arnt black metal cus they are.

slipknot isnt really that bad imo :)lol: boy am i gona get alot of shit for this) i think alot of people hear nu-metal and automatically think that its complete shit which most of it is even the stuff i used to like. i give bands like korn credit for getting me into rock which in turn got me into metal.

Lamb of God isn't as bad as people say they are but aren't as good as people say they are, but I have no idea what bands make up the 'hardcore' scene. I generally don't follow American metal.

And Dimmu Borgir has been outcast from the scene largely because people dislike them, their image and their popularity/commerical success - that has more than anything to do with their sound and how it compares to typical black metal. As I've mentioned before, how "black metal" bands like Rotting Christ, Catamenia, Keep of Kalessin, Thorns, Enslaved (and the list goes on) be any more black metal than Dimmu Borgir is beyond me? Truth is, they aren't but they don't receive the flak that Dimmu does, and so they are treated differently. When people mention black metal and Burzum, you never hear anyone say "Burzum isn't black metal, Burzum is ambient." Dimmu Borgir as well as many other Norwegian black metal changed musical direction, but Dimmu will always take the brunt of the meaningless genre debate because of their success and unwillingness to follow black metal cliches.

Keep in mind, as well, bands are often judged genres based on the sound or production values of a particular album. But when a band plays live, all of that is thrown away and meaningless. When a black metal band decides to record with better production qualities, instantly there is an uproar and people will assume they have ditched their black metal sound when really, does that mean their live set is any different? What is a better representation of a band's sound, their consistent live performances or a single studio recording?

Whether or not Dimmu Borgir is Black metal does not change the fact that they are bad. The riffs are boring, the keyboards are too prominent and the vocals are average.

The fact that they are bad? That's an opinion. Shagrath isn't any worse than 99.9% of typical black metal vocalists out there. And keyboards play a prominent role in their sound anyways, that's a characteristic they've always had...It's a matter of taste if you think it's too much.

Seriously, Ars Diavoli, why don't you just run along and take some more pictures of yourself, eh, pretty boy?

The reason Dimmu Borgir gets shit, is because they keep releasing uninspired, plastic, commercial heavy metal dressed as some sort of disgusting hybrid of goth- and black metal, then proceed to claim that it is 'True Norwegian Black Metal', even though it has so extremely blatantly gone against everything the scene originators stood for. It's jewish filth, and only idiots and scene whores buy into it. Where do you fit in?

Seriously, Ars Diavoli, why don't you just run along and take some more pictures of yourself, eh, pretty boy?

The reason Dimmu Borgir gets shit, is because they keep releasing uninspired, plastic, commercial heavy metal dressed as some sort of disgusting hybrid of goth- and black metal, then proceed to claim that it is 'True Norwegian Black Metal', even though it has so extremely blatantly gone against everything the scene originators stood for. It's jewish filth, and only idiots and scene whores buy into it. Where do you fit in?

Really... that's interesting because I just read an interview with them where they said they have never been a tr00 black metal band. They are an extreme metal band with roots in black metal and black metal elements in their music but they are certainly not a 100% tr00 Norweigan Black Metal band.