The making of UNIVERSAL part II- Live on the Official Borknagar Youtube channel

Awesome, can't wait to see it.

sweet! :D i have a feeling vocals will be the last one we get to see...

...that was my suspicion as well although I'm hoping since we have to wait till February for the actual album, and there is no real need to keep the best for last to create more interest, that we will get vocals next.

I

hope it's the bass! If the composition is like in Origin (i.e. 'poetic'), well I can't wait to listen to it in a metal album :kickass: .

Empiricism has incredible basslines, Origin is also great on bass (it could have been better with more time to compose) and he has new basses, so I wanna hear some of his work. The same with Lars' keys.

I expect that the vocals will be released on video on the last place.

It better not be bass, I'm sorry but nobody wants to hear that shit other than bassist.

Oh boy. We get to watch Tiwaz play root notes. How interesting.

:lol: Calm down John, you're being a bit rude on the internet, and we all know that can't be tolerated :loco: I'm not gonna lie and say I'm willing to hear the bass before the vocals but I wouldn't mind seeing the bass at any rate, especially the new basses in action.

I want to see everyone and everything. I like the entire band, not elements separated. Show me a video with everyone playing together like it's suppose to be!

Is someone really complaining about a video that no one has even seen yet?

Assuming its a "root note" video? How lame. The bass playing alone on this album will make you want to kill yourself.

Maybe we just shouldnt release anymore "Making of" videos and make everyone wait until Febuary 2010.

Haha, root notes?!? Are you serious, or are you seriously tone deaf? Of course, some of it is based around the root because that makes musical sense in given sections. However, if you're seriously suggesting that I only play root notes, then I do not believe that you have even listened to anything Borknagar has done after Quintessence. If this is an attempt at telling people that bass is uninteresting as a musical ingredient (i.e. that you're not slagging me in particular but rather all bassists out there), then it just goes to show that the level of your musical expertise is on par with your social intelligence.

c'mon guys you should've known better! you know damn well how stoked we all are about the new album and personally i would be more than happy to see anything about how it came to be. And you know damn good i'm not the only one! I really appreciate you took the time to document it on film and are so kind to share it with us! Both parts of "making of" have lots of 5-star votes, so keep them coming! Can't wait for the next part, whatever you decide it should be about, it gives us a glimpse in Borknagar's kitchens where masterpieces like Universal are being cooked. If some sissies fail to recognize the importance of any of the ingredients for the final dish's taste and are bored watching any of it, they shouldn't bother, this is not what you're doing it for!!

If some sissies fail to recognize the importance of any of the ingredients for the final dish's taste and are bored watching any of it, they shouldn't bother, this is not what you're doing it for!!

Agreed, there shouldn't be problems just because one idiot blew the whole thread (Det Som Engang Var), he can think what he wants, we know he's just jealous of us bass players.

Don't pay attention to him and please, band, keep the videos coming. We want to see them :) , we don't really care which 'instrument' it is :) :) .

Thanks! Takk! Tack!

Empiricism has incredible basslines, Origin is also great on bass (it could have been better with more time to compose) and he has new basses, so I wanna hear some of his work. The same with Lars' keys.

I expect that the vocals will be released on video on the last place.

Yeah it's pretty good, but the (lousy) production doesn't help at all. Production in Origin was a thousand times better, and this really helps the bass IMO.

Yeah it's pretty good, but the (lousy) production doesn't help at all. Production in Origin was a thousand times better, and this really helps the bass IMO.

Really? I can hear the bass quite well on it and I like the overall production. In fact I've learned a good share of tracks from Empiricism just by ear like Gods of my World, Inherit the Earth, The Black Canvas, The Genuine Pulse (very fast!!) and 4 Element. On Origin is easier to recognize it anyway. I love Grains' basslines.

I want to see the bass, since I'm slowly learning the bass. Its no watching Geddy Lee, but it's still bass damnit!!

Being such a big fan of MR. V though, I want to hear those vocals!!

Some more footage of mr. V. would be greatly appreciated, but just about anything to hold us over until February 22 will be nice.

Originally Posted by Det Som Engang Var
It better not be bass, I'm sorry but nobody wants to hear that shit other than bassist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Det Som Engang Var
Oh boy. We get to watch Tiwaz play root notes. How interesting.

If it were up to me, we wouldnt release ANYTHING else before the album.

It cracks me up how we try to do something cool for the fans and there is always 1 asshole to put their own little "Im cool so fuck you" touch on it. You are really cool man. I want to be just like you.