The most overrated metal bands.

Goddamn schmuck, now I can't listen to Venom anymore. And to think I wore my Welcome To Hell shirt today. :(

Napalm Death pioneered Grindcore and still piss all over most new metal bands underground or not, on stage or cd. They've been around for 20 years, yet the members still need to keep day jobs to get by. If you consider that overrated, go fuck yourself.

Embryonic_Necropsy said:

:err: I wouldn't say so, because Kiss are more than a band in my view. While their music may be pretty simplistic, it does the job it's trying to do - make loads of catchy songs that are great to have playing in lots of situations - and I think Kiss are one of the few band for whom the term 'overrated' is pretty invalid.

The reason is they promote themselves as a whole package, they're not tying to be a 100% music-based band, Kiss is about the lifestyle, the merchandise and so on. You could certainly criticise their approach to their marketting and so on, but but musically you either like them or you don't, but I think they do their style quite well as it happens.

I hope that makes some sort of sense. What I'm basically saying is it doesn't really mean much to say Kiss is overrated, because by their very nature they're about image and promotion, while their songs are actually pretty solid anyway.

If you know what I mean.

I wouldn't say so, because Kiss are more than a band in my view. While their music may be pretty simplistic, it does the job it's trying to do - make loads of catchy songs that are great to have playing in lots of situations - and I think Kiss are one of the few band for whom the term 'overrated' is pretty invalid.

The reason is they promote themselves as a whole package, they're not tying to be a 100% music-based band, Kiss is about the lifestyle, the merchandise and so on. You could certainly criticise their approach to their marketting and so on, but but musically you either like them or you don't, but I think they do their style quite well as it happens.

I hope that makes some sort of sense. What I'm basically saying is it doesn't really mean much to say Kiss is overrated, because by their very nature they're about image and promotion, while their songs are actually pretty solid anyway.

If you know what I mean.

Fair enough, i get what you mean.

BlackMetalTyrant said:
Nightwish is uber-gay, I can't stand those god damn poofters
You might not like Nightwish but I doubt any of them are gay.

Now, people who have a fascination with the male physique, like bodybuilders for example, they seem pretty gay to me.

I do not watch South Park so I wouldn't have known that >_> Stupid show.

\m/ Rurouni Kenshin is the only cartoon I will watch, typically anyways.

Souls Highway said:
I do not watch South Park so I wouldn't have known that >_> Stupid show.

\m/ Rurouni Kenshin is the only cartoon I will watch, typically anyways.

:lol: That show is so fucking melodramatic.

Overrated:
Iron Maiden (Boring)
Slayer (Boring)
Metallica (Boring after the first 4 albums)
Judas Priest (Boring)
Pantera (Boring)

Opeth is not overrated, they are great!

One thing just occured to me, listening to Black Sabbath right now. Their music sounds great, and they were more influential than any other band in metal, but I think they are overrated in terms of talent. All of their riffs and arrangements are very simple. They are still a great band, though.

*prepares to be flamed*

All Doom Metal is simple, and doesn't require much talent. I think Iommi's shown his skill on later works though.

The Greys said:
Decapitated: plastic,clicky,copy & paste death metal. Clinical production,structures in a mainstream pop,rap way. Decapitated might aswell get a drum machine. This band sounds more like a product of machine/technology than humans playing instruments loosing the essence of a band. As cheap as a commercial add imo.

They use triggers... that's all. Vinnie Paul *also* uses triggers, you moron.

My Arms Your Hearse said:
Overrated:
Iron Maiden (Boring)
Slayer (Boring)
Metallica (Boring after the first 4 albums)
Judas Priest (Boring)
Pantera (Boring)

Opeth is not overrated, they are great!

This is, quite possibly, THE most worst post in UM history. Congratulations.