The most overrated metal bands.

Morpha said:
I don't watch any television. It rots the brain and is a waste of life and time.
You know, usually I'd agree with you, but if not watching TV makes you spend more time in front of Cool Edit then I say BRING ON THE SOAP OPERA RERUNS

SYL isnt overrated...if anything theyre underrated. Same with Nevermore. And how could Hypocrisy be overrated? Plenty of people dislike that band. The latest album is solid, though.

I recently bought Blut Aus Nord - TWWTG and it's very, very bland. The new Solefald album is really over rated and boring, too.

Dodens Grav said:
Strapping Young Lad and Nevermore are two of the most overrated bands today.

People don't like SYL for the reasons they're actually good though, even though that doesn't make one ounce of sense. >_>

Vital Remains said:
ill have to retract my overrated statement of opeth. A friend let me listen to some of their music and i really enjoyed it.

Enjoying it doesn't mean it's not overrated.

Metallica are probably the most overratted band,they dont deserve half the attention they get now,maybe in th beggining but definatly not with those stupid load-reload albums

other bands tht should be mentioned are cannibal corpse,necrophagist,nile, andd obviously cradle of filth(they may be good but not that good)

I think cannibal corpse is overrated, Metallica, and In Flames i fucking hate that god damn band, there a bunch of pussy's.

You want a good melodic death band. check out Utopia Banished, they kick ass

I dont think Amon Amarth is overrated the singer has a sick voice, and the drumming kicks ass.