THE OFFICIAL DREAM THEATER DISCUSSION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woohoo!!! http://dreamtheater.net/news_dreamtheater.php#roadrunner The new album is officially announced on the official DT website!!! I don't think it'll make any distance them being signed to Roadrunner, cos JP and MP know what they're doing now, and after all their dramas earlier in the career, they're not gonna let a record company compromise ANYTHING!!! And the guys are looking pretty cool, JP with his hair long again JL with sporting the facial hair, JM just as awesome as ever... :cool:

Just on John Myung, has anyone else watched the Audio Commentary for the Live IN Tokyo dvd??? JM talks quite a bit more, and they give him heaps everytime he headbangs or looks at the crowd etc. He's actually pretty funny... :D

Also, has anyone else watched

By working closely with the label we hope to turn a great many new heads too.
:erk: I hope they mean promotion-wise etc and that it has nothing to do with how the album sounds. Usually trying to appeal to new audiences mean something bad.

Hoping it will turn out great though, 2007 hasn't had any letdowns so far imo.

they know what they're doing now? what past two albums have you listened to that they secretly released instead? :lol:

Wouldn't you like to know... ;)

I mean not being like Falling Into Infinity, which if it didn't have Hell's Kitchen/Lines In The Sand and Trial Of Tears would be the crappiest album ever... Anyway, Six Degrees and Train Of Thought were both great albums IMO...

By the way, they wrote/recorded the entire thing before signing to Roadrunner, so I doubt they'll become metalcore..

I'm pretty sure you're right... :D

Yep, I was watching Live In Tokyo today, and it was heaps long, and looked awesome!!! Hopefully he gets it that long again...

I finally figured out how to watch the Multiangle Bonus of Instrumedley in Live At Budokan... It was obviously awesome watching everything Petrucci does in that song, but by far the most interesting out of the others, was watching John Myung! He's way underrated and does some absolutely crazy stuff which not many people seem to notice... He friggin' blew me away!

My bassist watches John Myung's angle of Instrumedly at least once a week to remind him why playing Bass is better than playing World of Warcraft.

Status
Not open for further replies.