THE OFFICIAL DREAM THEATER DISCUSSION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it my fault that there's suddenly an influx of stupidity, or do you just only fraternize with lower life forms?

I am of stern opinion. Some people (read insecure, blithering fools) feel threatened by the opinions of others. These simple creatures band together with others of their kind, and in rather pathetic, amusing ways, like Sisyphus and his stone, they attempt with their loud warbling to drown out the reality surrounding them. In such a way, I presume, they feel better about themselves having rendered themselves ignorant of all truth but the voices in their heads.

In short, I will not apologize for my opinion, even if it makes you cry. I will not take back my words or sugar coat them so that it will make you happy. Respect and Recognition are earned and not freely given. Some here will attest that I have given them both, and I expect neither from anyone. You may say I have a large ego. Who has the large ego truly? The one with a confident mind, or the one desperately debasing him in hopes of proving one "wrong", for some kind of internet victory in conversation? What merit does victory even hold? Surely no prize, not even the most priceless knowledge, is gained. But enough of this monologue. Continue, trolls.

PS, I await one of you to go "zomg hahaha look he said debasing and he called us names!"

PS, I await one of you to go "zomg hahaha look he said debasing and he called us names!"

I was actually gonna say "blithering"... But ken's right. I used to get in "fights" with him all the time, and still often think his opinion is shit, but he's an awesome guy. Sometimes you guys have to deal with the fact that not everyone is going to like the same shit as you.

And dream theater is still shit.

l like em too...they are the best band to ever grace the prog metal genre. So far, SC is the #1 release for 2007 and l don't see much that can overtake that in the near future. :headbang:

...Are you serious? You REALLY needed to tell us all AGAIN?! As if we didn't know from the past 4 pages?! Seriously, with no intention to be disrespectful, there's a reason why Kenneth and Zach and whoever else are picking a fight with you. You're fanboydom has riddled your posts with stupidity and the annoying mantra of "DT R TEH BEST IN TEH WORLD!!!!" and it's IRRITATING. I'm not the only one thinking this, you could honestly test the patience of a rock. Srs. Control yourself.

:lol: Well I didnt read the whole thing but Im sure its at least trying to be more complex then the average Dream Theater Album ....... but surely falls short.........:lol:

Im a regular listener to Dream Theater as I am Symphony X and Savatage and Fates Warning. When Images and Words came out I snapped it right up and played it to death. It blew me away, I went and saw the concert alone, couldnt get my metal head friends to accept the time sig changes. It was what I always liked in music most. Having been into Zeppelin, Rush, Jethro Tull, Kansas (long before they became mainstream beat to death on the radio) and then the Fusion years of Return to Forever, DiMeola, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Dixie Dregs and such ... DT was right up my alley, exactly where I lived when it came to music.

All music has its place with me, sometime I like to listen to fun easy music but when Im alone and working in my shop or driving I like progressive stuff, not the same song progression rewritten for the 10,000th time. Still all bands and genres of music always seem to come full circle and begin to sound similar. Hell I even listen to "Smooth Jazz" and sleep to it everynight and prefer it for my travel to work everyday to keep me from running over the "I leave for work 30 minutes early so I can slow down traffic crowd".

I have no problem with musicians not always writting the the next song better. Music is an extension of the spirit and window to the soul and hey ......... some of us are moody bitches.

All that said, I honestly believe the members of DT as well as Sym X and some of the fusion artists I previoulsy mentioned are without question todays, Mozart's, Bach's and Beethovons and we should be proud and happy to have them in our presence, in our lifetime.

If that dont make sence to someone I suggest they go listen to Slowride or Aint Seen Nothing Yet or Teen Spirit for the 99th million time ..... it late and Im gonna go listen to some smooth jazz and sleep peacefully .........

Is it my fault that there's suddenly an influx of stupidity, or do you just only fraternize with lower life forms?

I am of stern opinion. Some people (read insecure, blithering fools) feel threatened by the opinions of others. These simple creatures band together with others of their kind, and in rather pathetic, amusing ways, like Sisyphus and his stone, they attempt with their loud warbling to drown out the reality surrounding them. In such a way, I presume, they feel better about themselves having rendered themselves ignorant of all truth but the voices in their heads.

In short, I will not apologize for my opinion, even if it makes you cry. I will not take back my words or sugar coat them so that it will make you happy. Respect and Recognition are earned and not freely given. Some here will attest that I have given them both, and I expect neither from anyone. You may say I have a large ego. Who has the large ego truly? The one with a confident mind, or the one desperately debasing him in hopes of proving one "wrong", for some kind of internet victory in conversation? What merit does victory even hold? Surely no prize, not even the most priceless knowledge, is gained. But enough of this monologue. Continue, trolls.

I'm not even going to bother feeding you on this one. Just shut the fuck up. :lol:

I don't really like Dream Theater either, but you don't see me starting arguments with people who do.

razoredge said:
I honestly believe the members of DT as well as Sym X and some of the fusion artists I previoulsy mentioned are without question todays, Mozart's, Bach's and Beethovons and we should be proud and happy to have them in our presence, in our lifetime.

Not saying they don't have talent, but I wouldn't personally go THAT far..

...Are you serious? You REALLY needed to tell us all AGAIN?! As if we didn't know from the past 4 pages?! Seriously, with no intention to be disrespectful, there's a reason why Kenneth and Zach and whoever else are picking a fight with you. You're fanboydom has riddled your posts with stupidity and the annoying mantra of "DT R TEH BEST IN TEH WORLD!!!!" and it's IRRITATING. I'm not the only one thinking this, you could honestly test the patience of a rock. Srs. Control yourself.

This is the Dream Theater thread meaning it's all things Dream Theater. LOL...please tell me you forgot what thread you were posting in. If you don't like DT or aren't prepared to hear that DT is the best thing since white bread...WTF are you doing reading/posting in the thread? Talk about posts riddled with stupidity. This thread became a breeding ground for the incessant toilet mouthing of the band. Then along comes those who actually like the band and make statements that lift the band up and counter-balances the haters...and now you're irritated? Kenneth & Zach pick fights with everybody because they are juvenile, internet junkies and they have virtually no lives outside of this. They live to troll threads looking for someone that doesn't think like they do. They've done it over & over again in different threads throughout this forum. l'm not the only one who recognizes this. Control needs to be exercised on them.

BTW - l like Vanden Plas just as much, but there's no VP thread.

LO FUCKIN L.

1. This is the most entertaining thread since the invention of 4chan.
2. dparker88: Awww, are you mad that we're raining on your parade? Maybe you should start a new thread called "ONLY FOR PEOPLE WHO BLINDLY LOVE ALL DREAM THEATER THREAD" cause this one clearly says "Discussion" which does not specify positive or negative.
3. The fact that you and Ass-cention are so obsessive and so insecure that you cannot tolerate even one negative comment about the band is incredibly amusing. Please, nobody dissed your momma. But you act like such 4th graders.
4. Ass-cention: same goes to you. Go start a fucking Vanden Plas thread and get over yourself.

The irony of you two pretending to have friends here is remarkable. You must realize that you are by far a minority.

...and the momma's boy continues his trolling...sad. Mom forgot to wipe his ass & change the snot nose's diaper and now he's upset. :(

Friends on the internet? BWAAAHAAHAA

Minority due to the fact that you badmouth everybody that come in here claiming to like DT & their material. You have an agenda it's quite clear.

Indeed, it would be better if you grew up or went away. What you can't seem to comprehend is that someone who likes a band can criticize their shortcomings. That would be me, by the way. Some others, froth at the mouth if anyone even pronounces the band's name wrong. That'd be you, by the way.

Not saying they don't have talent, but I wouldn't personally go THAT far..

Who else has come close to the composition skills and for lack of a better term, *groundbreaking creativity than the musicians I mentioned. Back in their day it was Beethovan, Back and Mozart, in these times its been DT, Sym X and the jazz & jazz fusion artists that raised the bar and went outside the box. Im talking total composition not pioneer ground breaking instrumentalists such as Eddie, Ingwie, Oliva, Via and unmentioned others. Not that Petrucci doesnt continue to raise the bar with new ideas ..... as hard as it is to be "new" or "*groundbreaking" with the frontier officially closed .......

Status
Not open for further replies.