THE OFFICIAL DREAM THEATER DISCUSSION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
LO FUCKIN L.

1. This is the most entertaining thread since the invention of 4chan.
2. dparker88: Awww, are you mad that we're raining on your parade? Maybe you should start a new thread called "ONLY FOR PEOPLE WHO BLINDLY LOVE ALL DREAM THEATER THREAD" cause this one clearly says "Discussion" which does not specify positive or negative.
3. The fact that you and Ass-cention are so obsessive and so insecure that you cannot tolerate even one negative comment about the band is incredibly amusing. Please, nobody dissed your momma. But you act like such 4th graders.
4. Ass-cention: same goes to you. Go start a fucking Vanden Plas thread and get over yourself.

The irony of you two pretending to have friends here is remarkable. You must realize that you are by far a minority.

WTF? I'm not a DT fanboi at all lol. Go back and read all my posts where I said Dream Theater are the bestestest b& in teh metalz!11

I shall start some threads anyway though. :lol:

Also, can you guys make it any moar obvious that you love /b/ and mudkipz? No-one gives a shit you are the most epic tards on ultimatemetal. Did you lose your iPod? :lol:

When did I pretend to have friends? I'm probably one of the least befriended people here.

Wow...this is insane.

Kenneth, calm down, some fans know not what they do...especially those brainwashed with Portnoy Serum. That being said, it is still alright (and expected) to laugh at their expense, because...well, because it's funny. :)

DT fanboys, enjoy your album if you love it. Who really cares? I hate it. w00t for me! I have an opinion! I am wrong according to you because I hate SC and I openly discuss my feelings about it and the band. Thus I am wrong. Because all opinions differing from yours are wrong, clearly. I don't care that you like the CD, I don't care that you want to talk about DT in a DT thread. Do whatever you feel you need to do, just stop taking your enjoyment of a band to a personal level: whether it be to believe you are more important than anyone else or that your musical taste is superior.

I think it's time we vacate, boys and girls. We've already smacked this thread (and it's topic) in the ass so hard it will never sit down again, we've made our point. Let's leave this thread to the fanboys, allowing them to discuss the same things over and over again in a robotic fashion. After all, would the automatons in DT have it any other way?

I say we pull a hit and run. I call driver.

Kenneth & Zach pick fights with everybody because they are juvenile, internet junkies and they have virtually no lives outside of this. They live to troll threads looking for someone that doesn't think like they do. They've done it over & over again in different threads throughout this forum. l'm not the only one who recognizes this. Control needs to be exercised on them.

This is cute. I'm not going to speak for ken because he handles himself just fine, but as far as i'm concerned... well, i'm glad you know me so well personally. Furthermore, i'm glad you can make such accusations comfortably knowing we will never meet and you will never have to answer to them. Big man :Smug:

And just for the record, trolls don't stick around a forum for 5 years. I am one of the longest running members of this forum. So yeah... big troll right here. *cue more comments about having no life, since you're such a creative fella*

This is cute. I'm not going to speak for ken because he handles himself just fine, but as far as i'm concerned... well, i'm glad you know me so well personally. Furthermore, i'm glad you can make such accusations comfortably knowing we will never meet and you will never have to answer to them. Big man :Smug:

And just for the record, trolls don't stick around a forum for 5 years. I am one of the longest running members of this forum. So yeah... big troll right here. *cue more comments about having no life, since you're such a creative fella*

I've found on other forums, the trolliest are generally long-term members with upwards of 5000-10000 posts.

Furthermore, i'm glad you can make such accusations comfortably knowing we will never meet and you will never have to answer to them. Big man :Smug:

Oh...meeting will not be a problem once l get back to the states if you want to advance this further. Aahh, you thought l was European l see. l should be back in Sept....answering anything won't be an issue...believe me. The internet is not my life...l prefer real life...and confrontation is just part of it. l have a good history of dealing with it.

Big man? Not really...but l did play college football as a linebacker and strong safety & was recruited by the Pros until l injured my neck. Not a big man, but big enough. ;)

I've found on other forums, the trolliest are generally long-term members with upwards of 5000-10000 posts.

*looks at 3000 post count, slightly confused*

And no, it's not that they are trolls. it's that they get tired of seeing the same old tired bullshit. I can appreciate that new people come in and are excited to discuss things that the "regulars" have already discussed, and i can admit that i was wrong when i got pissed about that stuff. Whatever, no hair off my ass.

Oh...meeting will not be a problem once l get back to the states if you want to advance this further. Aahh, you thought l was European l see. l should be back in Sept....answering anything won't be an issue...believe me. The internet is not my life...l prefer real life...and confrontation is just part of it. l have a good history of dealing with it.

Big man? Not really...but l did play college football as a linebacker and strong safety & was recruited by the Pros until l injured my neck. Not a big man, but big enough. ;)

It wasn't a challenge to fight. I'm not talking about physical size either. glad that you chose to ignore my point entirely.

First of all, unless you live in or are in/around the seattle area, I have little to no interest in going out of my way to meet you just to say that I hate dream theater in person. And no, internet is not quite my life, but yeah, i do spend some time on the computer. A lot of it is in correspondance on seattle metal boards with people that i know very well in "real life" and spend lots of my time with going to shows, i write for a webzine which somewhat requires being on a computer, etc. That's what i choose to do and i really don't see how it makes my life any less fulfilling than yours. Yeah, it probably does make you feel better to think that i'm just some geek who has no real life experience with anything other than hiding behind my computer, when in reality i've put myself out there more than 99% of the people on this board as far as who i am. I use my real name to post, i have pictures, at one point my damn phone number was posted on the forum as well as my home address. Yep... i'm the one hiding.

Final point: i'm willing to bet that if i were to ever meet you, you would probably be a fairly decent person. People are a lot different on the internet than they are in "real life". I'm a bit more of an asshole here, maybe i do pick fights, but it is really just an exaggerated form of myself. I'm opinionated, and i don't fold to anyone just because theirs is different from mine. In fact, the people who i respect most are those who have a difference in opinion (case and point, the dude who i argued with about power metal at a show on friday... love that dude now because he has a strong opinion as well and stands by it). I will never take back anything i say just because someone else doesn't like it, and could give two shits about whether or not anyone has a problem with it. I never implied that i wanted to make conflict over it, nor am i horribly impressed by your stories of your football playing past (mostly because it comes off more as a vague threat to which i say :rolleyes: , but i do honestly have to say that's cool that you were good enough to have a potential future with it and it sucks that you got injured), i'm just saying feel free to continue to talk about me like you know me. I'm sure that you will continue to show your maturity level by making even more personal comments... fine by me. Don't care, don't care, don't care. Well, i care enoguh to make this epic post... :lol:

More bans are forthcoming if you folks don't play nice..lay off the name calling and insults & general arrogant BS.

Got anything to back that up, big boy?

An astute observation.

And no, it's not that they are trolls. it's that they get tired of seeing the same old tired bullshit. I can appreciate that new people come in and are excited to discuss things that the "regulars" have already discussed, and i can admit that i was wrong when i got pissed about that stuff. Whatever, no hair off my ass.

Also, can you guys make it any moar obvious that you love /b/ and mudkipz? No-one gives a shit you are the most epic tards on ultimatemetal. Did you lose your iPod? :lol:
I give a shit that we're the most epic tards on UltimateMetal.
More bans are forthcoming if you folks don't play nice..lay off the name calling and insults & general arrogant BS.
Jax, you're not gonna ban Zach, are you? :( He's like a big teddy bear, but alot more epic and alot more br00tal. If you ban him, I'm gonna cry.

I think you guys could learn a lot from Aussie band Sherbert.

sherbet.jpg

They aren't innovators. It's that simple. While some of the Jazz artists are still pushing the envelope, SX and DT (Portnoy even admits it in several interviews) were never original. Neither invented prog metal and neither is its' best shining example. Bands like Fates Warning beat them to the punch, and there's a lot of bands that are out there making more experimental (progressive) music than either band. Not saying either one is bad, but you can't compare them to the mastery of Bach or Mozart or Beethoven.

Status
Not open for further replies.