THE OFFICIAL DREAM THEATER DISCUSSION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wait till you all hit 35 or so. You cannot believe the importance of sleep. So, if you're hurting for sleep already and you're < 20, I feel for you when you hit 35. Indeed, the real world will not be a pretty sight.
i'm 45! i havent had a decent nights sleep in years... in fact, the last decent nights sleep i can remember would have been waaaaaaaaaay back in 1986. my brain doesnt know how to shut itself down, and my shoulder kills every time i roll over. i've learnt to live with it, but a good nights sleep is my idea of heaven...

I have never been a fan of DT's lyrics personally. I think the whole reincarnated evil therapist in "Scenes from..." thing was ridiculous to the point of being laughable. Lyrics are one of those things where a band either has the ability to write them or doesn't, and DT doesn't in my opinion. Whereas someone like Paul O'Neal has the ability to take a song that is average and make it a good song just by his lyrics alone.

I just realised that I don't know any CoB lyrics, but I know the sequence of growls, and the ya-yows. Lyrics don't substract any musical value, but they sure do add alot when done right.

Heh, 18. But seriously, have you listened to much black or death metal? Those lyrics can be very disturbing.

I like Gwar's lyrics. America should raise this next generation on the teachings of Gwar.

I agree. Instead of learning math and reading kids should dress up in costumes and squirt blood and internal organs all over each other.

From all news reports, that's exactly what the kids of America do to each other... :erk:

Thankfully it's only a small minority...

Whoops, being depressing, must get happy again... BEHOLD... THE ARCTOPUS!!!! :worship: Gees I love these guys, I'm so glad I discovered them today... :headbang:

they're good indeed, although they can be really blurry from time to time and sound really unstructured and random -compared to those other bands you mentioned that are ALL but random and unstructured (especially Ink) - but that's... good? right?
i like it :S

Status
Not open for further replies.