The official metal 2011 thread

Not me, but I suppose I'm not easily bored by that kind of music. Almost everyone I have tried to get into Drudkh found them dreadful, so maybe it takes a certain person. I find the sound to have almost everything I look for in music: good composition, depressive feeling, dark, and minimal cheese.

omnivium_900.jpeg

album art for Obscura - Omnivium

set to release on March 29th ... cant fucking wait ... :Smokin:

Gory Blister - Skymorphosis paints the walls with the blood of every other modern tech death album, as far as I'm concerned. Gorod, Human Mincer (brutal/tech death), Pavor and Emeth (newest album) are all far better tech death bands than Obscura, who are basically just wanky sweep-"death" with far too much emphasis on showing off and not enough focus on good, solid songwriting.

edit: I forgot many which I could namedrop but here's a few more:

Cephalic Impurity - Unique Brute Revival (brutal/tech)
Malignancy - Inhuman Grotesqueries
Odious Mortem - Devouring The Prophecy
Kataplexia - Supreme Authority (somewhat brutal)
Defeated Sanity - Chapters of Repugnance (brutal/tech)
Atheretic - Apocalyptic Nature Fury
Scrambled Defuncts - Souls Despising The God (this is unlike anything ever made)

Obscura are nowhere near a wank-sweep tech death band dude, have you even listened to Cosmogenesis saying something like that? not one song on that album would fall under that category.

edit:and Defeated Sanity and Cephalic Purity are both great, but they'r different bands that play different ... Obscura leans more towards the later Death and Gorguts type of tech death, which is a lot less brutal and contains a lot more progressive elements than the stuff you mentioned ... and i love Gorod, but none of their albums can touch Cosmogenesis.

... never listened to Gory Blister, going to have check out that album you mentioned.

If you like Death and stuff, I'm sure you'd really like Skymorphosis, they're big Death fans (I'm actually not a Death fan but you'll see why I like that album when you hear it) and even cover "1,000 Eyes."

cool, ill look for it and download it later tonight ... maybe end up picking it up if its as good as your saying.

and which one of Obscura's abums have you heard? their first one's not that good, but if you havent checked out Cosmogensis yet, then you'v got to give it a chance man, its really some good stff.

I agree with V5. I couldn't even finish Cosmogenesis. All I heard was weedily weedly weedily. No balls to that album whatsoever.

Gorod, Gory Blister, Martyr, Yattering, etc. all pack a punch to go along with the technical work.

Yeah, I didn't like Obscura much either. Some cool guitar and bass, but very little aggression or songwriting in there. Better to just put on "Human" or "Individual Thought Patterns" instead and get the real deal.

I dont mind Obscura, the latest album had a really mechanical feel, almost like no human took part it in.

edit: I forgot many which I could namedrop but here's a few more:

Cephalic Impurity - Unique Brute Revival (brutal/tech)
Malignancy - Inhuman Grotesqueries
Odious Mortem - Devouring The Prophecy
Kataplexia - Supreme Authority (somewhat brutal)
Atheretic - Apocalyptic Nature Fury

Way to namedrop a bunch of bordom. :p

All I heard was weedily weedly weedily. No balls to that album whatsoever.
..... that right there just proved that you never even listened to Cosmogenesis.

.. that album has ZERO "weedily weedily" ... if you want i can post every track from the album and have you look for those parts ....
i listen to plenty of tech-death thats filled with the kind of stuff you guys are talking about,(ex. Brain Drill), but Obscura is nowhere near that, and i just get a kick out it when people ybash albums that they obviously have never listened to.

edit:

weedily, weedily?? lmfo ..... no balls? (balls?, they have one of the worlds best bass players)bad songwriting??? loll wtf are you guys listening to coming up with this BS

edit: talking about bands that lack aggression, i checked out Gory Blisters first album last night, it was okay, nothing special, hopefully Skymorphosis is a lot better.

Gorod and especially Martyr are more aggressive than Obscura?? lololo really? lmfo.

Last edited by a moderator: