04. Slaves of Fear
05. Live Without Regrets
06. The Last Stand of Frej
07. For Victory or Death
08. Wrath of the Norsemen
09. A Beast Am I
10. Doom Over Dead Man

amonamarth_surturrising.jpg

That was weird. I was just discussing Norse mythology with a friend, and we were talking about Surt(r) (who bestows the Laevateinn). Fucking mindfuck.

i love how weird things like that pop up, like you'll learn a new word or some tid bit of info, or be thinking about something random and you'll see it pop up on the tv or some other random place

i used to like amon amarth alot, and then i started listening to them...

:lol: nah but they are so incredibly boring and rip off their own riffs album after album. i especially lost interest after they played a ridiculously long set and i was crushed by a mammoth who was behind me. i thought i was going to die

Saying they rip off their own stuff album after album seems an odd thing for someone with opeth in their signature to say.

I like Amon Amarth but I tend to get bored when I try listening to them any kind of extensively.

Agreed. I think the only album I have ever gotten through in one sitting was Fate of Norns, but I'm not sure if I could do it again.

On a completely different note, am I the only one disappointed byt the new Drudkh: Handful of Stars?

It's not terrible, but the sound has completely changed. They kicked out almost all reverb, most of the distortion, and the songs just bore me. If only they would go back to their Forgotten Legends and Autumn Aurora sound.

Shit, new Obscura song made my day better. not exactly sure what to think though, it was awesome at times but the overly cheezy acoustic intro with melodic harmonies...i dunno the beginning sounded very melo-death to me. but the fast parts were sick. clean singing was meh, but this is a good start, i expect great things from omnivium.

Agreed. I think the only album I have ever gotten through in one sitting was Fate of Norns, but I'm not sure if I could do it again.

That was the first one I bought from them back in my early death metal days, and it's still the only one I've thoroughly enjoyed all the way through (and been able to sit through).

even if opeth ripped themselves off twice as much as amon amarth i would easily take them over a lot of bands, the material that you think they "rip off" is far superior to cumon amoth

Every Opeth album past 1996 is the same album with different cover art, album title, and bitch lyrics. It is almost as if they feed My Arms, Your Hearse through a magical randomization program that they keep on the shitty setting, and "create a new album", thats how bad Opeth sounds. I am not defending Amon Amarth however as most of their riffs are repeated album to album but they do not take themselves as seriously as Opeth (and their fans) do. The difference is when I think of the two bands, Opeth definitely seems to be the skinny jeans kid of the two who is definitely bi-curious and willing to take a cock or four in their mouth while finding themselves. Every Opeth album has that moment either as an entire song or a piece of a song.

Heavy, Heavy, Angry, sucking cock gay, Angry, Heavy, Heavy, touching a penis, Angry, Heavy, end. <--Thats the song structure.

Every Opeth album past 1996 is the same album with different cover art, album title, and bitch lyrics. It is almost as if they feed My Arms, Your Hearse through a magical randomization program that they keep on the shitty setting, and "create a new album", thats how bad Opeth sounds. I am not defending Amon Amarth however as most of their riffs are repeated album to album but they do not take themselves as seriously as Opeth (and their fans) do. The difference is when I think of the two bands, Opeth definitely seems to be the skinny jeans kid of the two who is definitely bi-curious and willing to take a cock or four in their mouth while finding themselves. Every Opeth album has that moment either as an entire song or a piece of a song.

Heavy, Heavy, Angry, sucking cock gay, Angry, Heavy, Heavy, touching a penis, Angry, Heavy, end. <--Thats the song structure.

EXACTLY :lol: thanks.