The official metal 2011 thread

Every Opeth album past 1996 is the same album with different cover art, album title, and bitch lyrics. It is almost as if they feed My Arms, Your Hearse through a magical randomization program that they keep on the shitty setting, and "create a new album", thats how bad Opeth sounds. I am not defending Amon Amarth however as most of their riffs are repeated album to album but they do not take themselves as seriously as Opeth (and their fans) do. The difference is when I think of the two bands, Opeth definitely seems to be the skinny jeans kid of the two who is definitely bi-curious and willing to take a cock or four in their mouth while finding themselves. Every Opeth album has that moment either as an entire song or a piece of a song.

Heavy, Heavy, Angry, sucking cock gay, Angry, Heavy, Heavy, touching a penis, Angry, Heavy, end. <--Thats the song structure.

Your post definetly made my day, thanks alot!

As for albums 2011, Amon Amarth! and I'm real curious of the new Jag Panzer album, one of the more underrated bands in my opinion. Oh and the new Quo Vadis album should be cool.
Other than that I'm always open to new bands, any debut albums that looks promising?

Your post definetly made my day, thanks alot!

As for albums 2011, Amon Amarth! and I'm real curious of the new Jag Panzer album, one of the more underrated bands in my opinion. Oh and the new Quo Vadis album should be cool.
Other than that I'm always open to new bands, any debut albums that looks promising?

I'm glad to see it's so cool to hate on Opeth now.

So, not sure how many are aware but there are Dornenreich samples from the new album, Flammentriebe on Amazon:

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Flammentriebe/dp/B004JYUF62/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1296446219&sr=8-2[/ame]

They sound awesome. I'll definitely grab that.

Eyehategod - Live DVD (March 22, 2011)

MVD5145D.jpg

1. Intro/Feedback
2. Story of the Eye
3. Jackass in the Will of God
4. Take As Needed For Pain
5. Sister Fucker
6. Dixie Whiskey
7. White my pals
8. Depress
9. Lack of Almost Everything
10. Masters of Legalized Confusion
11. Pigs
12. Methampthetamine
13. Blank
14. $30 Bag
15. Kill Your Boss
16. Left To Starve
17. Children Of God
18. Blood Money
19. Crimes Against Skin
20. Dog's Holy Life
21. Serving Time In The Middle Of Nowhere
22. Feedback/Outro
23. Shoplift
24. Run It Into Ground
25. Shinobi
26. Sister Fucker (Video)
27. Anxiety Hangover (Video)
28. The Age Of Bootcamp (Video)

http://mvdb2b.com/s/EyehategodLive/MVD5145D

It's fucking great! Some catchy stuff in there...seems they went for a more melodic side to there songs.

The new Omnium Gatherum is such a mature release. They have really progressed from Spirits and August Light. I cannot believe it. Sounds like a true melodic death metal release with a little of everything. Growls, that In Flames-like slow talking (An Infinite Mind), clean vocals like they should be done (New World Shadows) and even an instrumental (Watcher of the Skies) which may not be super catchy and totally killer but it is a very welcome addition to the album.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is in the top of my list for best albums of 2011. I have to say it again but this is what melodic death metal should have progressed to. Stellar release.

The new Omnium Gatherum is such a mature release. They have really progressed from Spirits and August Light. I cannot believe it. Sounds like a true melodic death metal release with a little of everything. Growls, that In Flames-like slow talking (An Infinite Mind), clean vocals like they should be done (New World Shadows) and even an instrumental (Watcher of the Skies) which may not be super catchy and totally killer but it is a very welcome addition to the album.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is in the top of my list for best albums of 2011. I have to say it again but this is what melodic death metal should have progressed to. Stellar release.

I meant the Korpiklaani album, though the Omnium Gatherum album is pretty great too.

Also the new Evergrey is quite decent. Nothing spectacular.