The official metal 2011 thread

I meant the Korpiklaani album, though the Omnium Gatherum album is pretty great too.

Also the new Evergrey is quite decent. Nothing spectacular.

Damn... I was really hoping you were talking about Omnium Gatherum because the Korpiklaani album is quite possibly even more boring than the last. Such a shame because I used to look so forward to every new album from them. They were all so good up till Karkelo. Now they are running low on fuel in my books.

The new DevilDriver is much better than Pray for Villains but still not as good as TLKW. Covering a 16 Horsepower song is pretty random. Evergrey is decent but obviously with new members the band is kind of still in direction finding mode.

Pentagram - Last Rights (Doom Metal; Metal Blade Records) April 12th 2011

pentagramrites.jpg

01. Treat Me Right
02. Call the Man
03. Into the Ground
04. 8
05. Everything's Turning to Night
06. Windmills and Chimes
07. American Dream
08. Walk in Blue Light
09. Horseman
10. Death in 1st Person
11. Nothing Left

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=153920

I wish it was april...

Irish dark metal masters PRIMORDIAL have finished recording their seventh studio album, "Redemption At The Puritan's Hand", with producer Chris Fielding (NAPALM DEATH, ELECTRIC WIZARD) for an April 26 release (three days earlier in Europe) via Metal Blade Records.

Commented PRIMORDIAL vocalist Alan "Nemtheanga" Averill: "If I had to sum this album up, I would say this is the 'death' album. Plain and simple.

"There isn't exactly a whole concept but many of the themes deal with mortality, how we deal with it. The spiritual structures we place around us to make sense of it. Sex, death, procreation and god. As we get older our relationship to our lives changes, the realization you will not live forever, the grand plan you hoped to uncover never materializes, food for worms and nothing more.

"We are animals, beasts and making peace with that beast might be your life's work but more often than not he is never tamed.

"Once a wolf always a wolf.

"We all seek redemption in one way or another, from lies or from truth. Those of us who are godless or faithless often envy the man of faith for his life seems to have an extra purpose, despite the fact that logic, pragmatism, science and realism should crush any sign of faith, we still persist in lying to ourselves. Perhaps the alternative is too much to bear. So the themes of religion, mortality and death occur over and over again, along with continuing themes of alienation, martyrdom, sacrifice, violence and retribution. Occasionally, very occasionally a chink of light breaks through.

"This is our seventh album, you know what to expect, passion, intensity, commitment and sheer bloody mindedness. Don't expect fantasy or escapism. No remorse, no regret."

http://www.metal-recycler.de

40 Watt Sun + tshirts are finally up for pre order.

Also on amazon: [ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Inside-Room-40-Watt-Sun/dp/B004MVWA6A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1298028951&sr=8-1[/ame]

Release date 4th March

Also 4 new Boris albums coming out over the next few months.

UNHOLY re-issues on the way:

First two albums of re-issuing project will be debut album From The Shadows and the last one Gracefallen. Release dates confirmed by Peaceville for April 11th.

Re-issued albums will include previously unreleased studio and live bonus material, beginning with one studio recorded bonus track in Gracafallen. More is coming with Rapture and The Second Ring of Power. Unholy is currently seaching for DVD editing and authorizing capable person to make The Second Ring of Power bonus DVD.

I couldn't find anything about this on Peaceville's site but all that is from Unholy's official site http://unholy.fi/

I wish it was april...

Irish dark metal masters PRIMORDIAL have finished recording their seventh studio album, "Redemption At The Puritan's Hand", with producer Chris Fielding (NAPALM DEATH, ELECTRIC WIZARD) for an April 26 release (three days earlier in Europe) via Metal Blade Records.

Can't fucking wait!

March 2011 releases:

01.03 Scale The Summit - The Collective
01.03 Weedeater - Jason... The Dragon
01.03 Grayceon - All We Destroy
01.03 Kipelov - To Live Contrary To
01.03 Trap Them - Darker Handcraft
01.03 Blood Ceremony - Living With The Ancients
02.03 Kotiteollisuus - Kotiteollisuus
02.03 Beyond The Dream - In The Heart Of Nothing
02.03 Beyond The Dream - In The Heart Of Nothing
02.03 Witheria - Vanishing Order
03.03 Rudra - Brahmavidya: Immortal I
04.03 Agnostic Front - My Life My Way
04.03 Varg - Wolfskult
04.03 40 Watt Sun - The Inside Room
07.03 Burzum - Fallen
07.03 Urban Tales - Loneliness Still Is The Friend
08.03 Children Of Bodom - Relentless Reckless Forever
08.03 Factory Of Dreams - Melotronical
09.03 Colosseum - Chapter 3: Parasomnia
09.03 Artillery - My Blood
11.03 Abinchova - Versteckte Pfade
11.03 Sylosis - Edge Of The Earth
11.03 Wishdoom - Helepolis
11.03 Assaulter - Boundless
14.03 Michael Monroe - Sensory Overdrive
14.03 Heavenwood - Abyss Masterpiece
15.03 Across The Sun - Before The Night Takes Us
15.03 As Blood Runs Black - Instinct
15.03 Gorgasm - Orgy Of Murder
15.03 Rotten Sound - Cursed
16.03 Boris - New Album
16.03 Eden's Curse - Trinity
18.03 Bloodbound - Unholy Cross
18.03 Tokyo Blade - Thousand Men Strong
21.03 Ommatidia - In This Life, Or The Next
21.03 Benighted - Asylum Cave
21.03 Protest The Hero - Scurrilous
22.03 Tesseract - One
22.03 Born Of Osiris - The Discovery
23.03 M.Ill.Ion - Sane And Insanity
23.03 Crimfall - The Writ Of Sword
23.03 Bloodride - Crowned In Hell
25.03 Thunderbolt - Dung Idols
25.03 Kampfar - Mare
25.03 Beardfish - Mammoth
25.03 Whitesnake - Forevermore
25.03 Imperia - Secret Passion
25.03 Suidakra - Book Of Dowth
25.03 Vintersorg - Jordpuls (Earth's Pulse)
25.03 Curse - Void Above, Abyss Below
25.03 Debauchery - Germany's Next Death Metal
25.03 Wizard - ...Of Wariwulfs And Bluotvarwes
25.03 Chaos Divine - The Human Connection
25.03 Divinefire - Eye Of The Storm
25.03 Stormwarrior - Heathen Warrior
25.03 Amon Amarth - Surtur Rising
26.03 Crimson Wind - The Wings Of Salvation
28.03 Liquid Graveyard - The Fifth Time I Died
28.03 Cavalera Conspiracy - Blunt Force Trauma
28.03 Blackfield - Welcome To My DNA
28.03 Vicious Rumors - Razorback Killer
29.03 Havok - Time Is Up
29.03 Obscura - Omnivium
29.03 Blackguard - Firefight
29.03 Becoming The Archetype - Celestial Completion
30.03 Uriah Heep - Into The Wild

The only albums I'm really looking forward to, are Thulcandra, Repugnant and Sacrilegious Impalement. The new Obscura is probably going to be good too.

Just read in terrorizer that Burzum is coming out with compilations of rerecorded versions of songs from Det Som Engang Var, Hvis Lyset Tar Oss and Filosofem.