The official metal 2011 thread

Has anybody listened to "Blood Magick Necromance" by Belphegor yet? I have the album. I must say it's badass. It's probably my favorite album overall by them. There is not a thing I would change about any of the tracks.

leviathan_tttw_cover_250.jpg

1. True Whorror
2. Her Circle Is The Noose
3. Brought Up To The Bottom
4. Contrary Pulse
5. Shed This Skin
6. Every Orifice Yawning Her Price
7. Harlot Rises
8. Blood Red And True

Leviathan - True Traitor, True Whore - November 8th

“Shortly after the independant release of their new cd "Nein", World Beneath World signed a world-wide digital distribution deal with DSN Music. "Nein" went global on June 21st to practically every digital outlet in the world, including iTunes, Amazon, Napster, eMusic Rhapsody, Zune, Starzik (France), mFlow (UK), Verizon Mobil, etc etc. Immediately following the DSN Music release of "Nein" songs from the cd began to show up on internet radio playlists, most notably KDKT.us where the song "The New American Way" debuted to a world-wide audience on the station's "Loud Lunch" program the day of release, and along with World Beneath World's cover of The Cars classic "Candy-O" is quickly becoming a staple of KDKT.us's "Legends of Rock" program.”"]

http://www.reverbnation.com/worldbeneathworld

http://www.facebook.com/worldbeneathworld?ref=ts

Posted about this a few months ago but there wasnt much info back then.

Burzum will be releasing a new album entitled From The Depths Of Darkness in late November consisting of re-recorded material from their albums Burzum and Det Som Engang Var. The album will feature Varg's favorite tracks from his two first albums that were re-recorded in 2010 for this release the way he originally intended.

51018_burzum_from_the_depths_of_darkness.jpg

01. The Coming (Introduction)
02. Feeble Screams From Forests Unknown
03. Sassu Wunnu (Introduction)
04. Ea. Lord Of The Depths
05. Spell Of Destruction
06. A Lost Forgotten Sad Spirit
07. My Journey To The Stars
08. Call Of The Siren (Introduction)
09. Key To The Gate
10. Turn The Sign Of The Microcosm (Snu Mikrokosmos' Tegn)
11. Channeling The Power Of Minds Into A New God

"The way they were originally intended"? That's funny, in the "If the Light Should Take Us" documentary, Varg gives a very detailed account of how he used the shittiest recording techniques possible on the self-titled to get a specific "nerco" sound.

That said, the songs on the debut do lack body. Recording them with real production could bring a whole new power to them. On the other hand, "Det Som Engang Var" sounds phenomenal. I don't really know how he's gonna "improve" on it.

Posted about this a few months ago but there wasnt much info back then.

Burzum will be releasing a new album entitled From The Depths Of Darkness in late November consisting of re-recorded material from their albums Burzum and Det Som Engang Var. The album will feature Varg's favorite tracks from his two first albums that were re-recorded in 2010 for this release the way he originally intended.

51018_burzum_from_the_depths_of_darkness.jpg

01. The Coming (Introduction)
02. Feeble Screams From Forests Unknown
03. Sassu Wunnu (Introduction)
04. Ea. Lord Of The Depths
05. Spell Of Destruction
06. A Lost Forgotten Sad Spirit
07. My Journey To The Stars
08. Call Of The Siren (Introduction)
09. Key To The Gate
10. Turn The Sign Of The Microcosm (Snu Mikrokosmos' Tegn)
11. Channeling The Power Of Minds Into A New God

I have a feeling this is either gonna be really awesome, or abominably poor. I'll reserve judgment for when I hear it, but expectations aren't high; I really hope Varg doesn't ruin My Journey to the Stars.