The Official Movie Thread

lol yep just... more explosions? Apparently they basically occupied a small town and fucked shit up.
I was really worried he'd packed it in because of that stuff with Fred Williamson on the set of VFW. Thank the lord he didn't because he is a great director. A real talent.

Also absolutely stoked because on 11th May I'm watching Gaspar Noe's new film Vortex and after it there is a Q&A with him!

Last edited:
Reactions: CiG
New absurdist comedy where all the dialogue is gibberish and then they added subtitles lmao. Out of New Zealand too.

Sounds like something which should be right up my alley! What the guru says (at least parts of it) sounds like pseudo-Swiss German and what the couple says sounds like pseudo-Dutch. I'm curious if I can figure out any other pseudo-languages.

I missed this. You thought it was 80's? Which 80's movies would you compare it to?
I wouldn't compare it through the plot but more the action sequences. Films like the first Lethal Weapon, Predator, Rambo 2, Commando and possibly even The Road Warrior.

I wouldn't compare it through the plot but more the action sequences. Films like the first Lethal Weapon, Predator, Rambo 2, Commando and possibly even The Road Warrior.

Hmmm, I think the action style is specifically where it was nothing like the 80's. Everything was quite slick, tense and the gunplay was more tactical a la Heat. If anything the plot (and some of the Gyllenhaal moments) was the most/only 80's part.

Curious what about it reminded you of Rambo 2 and Predator! :eek:

dfvdfbv.jpg

If you want some recent completely over-the-top gore cinema, check out the new Taiwanese pandemic horror The Sadness, directed by a Canadian dude (who seems to like death metal).

One of the most disgusting movies I've watched in ages. Pus, exploding heads, bloody orgies, puke, melting flesh, chopped limbs, 99% practical effects, hilariously deranged dialogue.

erwgewgf.jpg

Ignore the muppets calling it a zombie movie though, it's really not. The infected aren't corpses come back to life, they can speak, make decisions, taunt victims, have sex with each other or rape the uninfected, even torture each other for sexual pleasure, this movie is bonkers.

The dramatic elements of the plot drag a bit during the middle, but it's not that big an issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: AbelTim
View attachment 30600

If you want some recent completely over-the-top gore cinema, check out the new Taiwanese pandemic horror The Sadness, directed by a Canadian dude (who seems to like death metal).

One of the most disgusting movies I've watched in ages. Pus, exploding heads, bloody orgies, puke, melting flesh, chopped limbs, 99% practical effects, hilariously deranged dialogue.

View attachment 30601

Ignore the muppets calling it a zombie movie though, it's really not. The infected aren't corpses come back to life, they can speak, make decisions, taunt victims, have sex with each other or rape the uninfected, even torture each other for sexual pleasure, this movie is bonkers.

The dramatic elements of the plot drag a bit during the middle, but it's not that big an issue.
I didn't realise it was heavily inspired by the Crossed comic book series. That is so cool. I remember going into a comic book store and asking them for the most violent and fucked up comic they had and they pulled that one out lol.

Yeah I'm considering checking it out now, although if the plot is anything like the movie, I probably don't give a shit enough lol.
It is essentially a virus that turns the majority of mankind into homicidal lunatics with a few survivors struggling to keep going. But with a character like this in it, I would recommend checking it out.
crossed4_1 (1).jpg

51rjSJ4It5L._RI_.jpg

The last of Argento's pure giallos I needed to see. Took some tracking down. The plot is utterly ludicrous even compared to Argento's usual standards.

Last edited:
Reactions: rms
Been too long since I watched this masterpiece.

FB_IMG_1651573381845.jpg

"I didn't say you guys look like a bunch of pricks wid ears... I said you look like a bunch of ears widout pricks!"