The Official Movie Thread

Bizarre coincidence that I just watched Tremors 2 the other day.

I need to dig into his filmography I think.

I would definitely have to dig into his filmography. I'm sure I've seen him in stuff but everything being mentioned in the obituary articles is stuff I haven't watched. Honestly, the movie I remember him most from is playing Reese Witherspoon's dad in Sweet Home Alabama. LOL

Last edited:
Anyone check out that new Firestarter movie?

I've got a friend who is a HUGE movie buff. To the point that he even does a movie-related podcast. So when he says a movie sucks, I tend to at least give a little weight to his opinion. But I am still wondering if I might like this one.

and these:

Think I've heard of Uforia (did you namedrop/include it in the 1986 movie poll?) but Two Small Bodies is new to me. Cheers.

I've got a friend who is a HUGE movie buff. To the point that he even does a movie-related podcast. So when he says a movie sucks, I tend to at least give a little weight to his opinion. But I am still wondering if I might like this one.

I enjoy Mark L. Lester's Firestarter from 1984 (never read King's book) so I'm considering seeing that new one. Efron being in it has me kinda intrigued lol.

I haven't found one review that actually talks it up, (mind you I don't seek many reviews either), but it does make me a little interested to see it. I never really liked the first one and with so many people saying this one is even worse it has me intrigued. Let me know what you think of it if you bite the bullet an see it.

i've namedropped them both in lists i think! that 11 second uforia clip is pretty representative of the movie tbh :lol:

Oh I actually remember you talking about this now, it also features Harry Dean Stanton. Seems up my alley.

Something I've always wanted to see with Fred in the lead is Remo Williams. Looks fucking hilarious and badass!

TanOccasionalIridescentshark-size_restricted.gif

e80a49628f1d1b4b2a889d85e9cf11eddabc8096.gifv

The Northman was fucking awful. Basically a viking era 300, all hyped up machismo but without even the sense of fun or grandiosity 300 had, and strangely neuteured of any real blood, guts or sex. The visuals are ugly, and not in the way I think was intended. Eggers claims to have been aiming for gritty realism and historical accuracy, yet I'm not sure how that balances with the endless scenes of pseudo-spiritual mumbo jumbo veering almost into Lord of the Rings silliness at points. Characters I had no investment in, to the point where I debated walking out of the cinema as I really didn't care how things finished up. The usurper hasn't even retained his throne; it didn't seem like there was much glory in vengeance and directors like Peckinpah might've used that to advantage, but I don't see that this movie had anything to say at all. Even on the mindless action front, it failed. It was fucking tedious and I really have nothing positive to say at all.

Awesome movie, but just when it felt like it might veer into full on bizarre esoteric shit, it clung to convention. My only gripe. Well, that and the choice to have most of it in English.

Lol that's a big difference in opinions. I saw YouTube video of eggers jerking himself off about historical accuracy and being the "most accurate viking movie ever made". Think we know where his priorities were :lol:

Hopefully will be good with the Dan Trachtenberg directing but according to producer John Davis:
"it all depends on how you end up cutting it, right? It was conceived as an R-rated movie. It could easily end up PG-13. I guess I'm going to find out what it has to be or what it is when it's all cut together."