The Official Movie Thread

Kristy Swanson got you watching? :lol:

Tubi's a trip. I watch it when I'm bored. Select the first film then let it play whatever it wants afterward. VHS artwork makes it look like a robocop rip off... then youre treated to Gilbert Gottfried Hitler and Attila the Ben Stiller... random Lita Ford sighting...

Reactions: rms and CiG
Kristy Swanson got you watching? :lol:
tumblr_pmyyaxO1WW1tbcweeo1_400.gifv

Who needs Swanson when you have this sexy bastard?

Pretty sick cast, haven't seen anything else by Jesse V. Johnson but an action movie with Michael Rooker in a leading role has my attention. Unfortunate casting of Bruce Willis though, I guess they didn't know how out of it he was by that time.

Yeah, very sad. Apparently the whole cast and crew were very focused on making sure he didn't look too bad. He was confused by his lines a lot. Tragic end to a career.

I watched Top Gun: Maverick last Friday and I got to say, it massively trumps the first one. Way more polished and the flight sequences are much better. Controversial opinion to some I would imagine but just how I feel about it. The day after I delved into Everything Everywhere All At Once. That was a real wild ride with some very fun and insane moments. Michelle Yeoh was great in it and it had a really funny and crazy supporting performance from Jamie Lee Curtis. There are some very funny homages in the film and some other parts that are just plain hilarious.

i feel like a lot of people are saying that about TG maverick actually. i probably won't watch it without watching the original first as i only have vague memories of seeing it when i was like 13.

everything everywhere all at once is currently 75th all time on RYM lol, very hipster friendly i assume

Kathryn Bigelow to Direct ‘Aurora’ for Netflix, Based on David Koepp’s Upcoming Thriller Novel.
Per Netflix’s announcement of the project on Twitter, the film “follows characters who are coping with the collapse of the social order, set against a catastrophic worldwide power crisis.” The novel’s blurb sets the story in Aurora, Illinois, where Aubrey Wheeler and her teenage son are forced to fend for themselves in the wake of a massive power outage. Wheeler’s estranged brother, a Silicon Valley CEO, has built a bunker in the desert for such an apocalyptic event, and their reunion leads to reckonings on a global and personal scale.

Bigelow, who is repped by CAA, has not directed a feature since her 2017 film “Detroit,” which follows events associated with the 1967 race riots in the city. Since then, she’s directed an Apple commercial and a short film, but “Aurora” is the first confirmation of an upcoming feature from the Academy Award winner. Bigelow also made waves with her 2012 film “Zero Dark Thirty,” which earned a best picture nomination.

Pretty excited about this announcement. I quite liked Detroit.

Also Jonas Åkerlund and Mads Mikkelsen are teaming up again to do a sequel to Polar. :kickass:

Reactions: AbelTim
i feel like a lot of people are saying that about TG maverick actually. i probably won't watch it without watching the original first as i only have vague memories of seeing it when i was like 13.

I remember it being kinda rapey?

everything everywhere all at once is currently 75th all time on RYM lol, very hipster friendly i assume

Fucking terrible movie, I couldn't finish it. An odd one for RYM as I can't see the hipster factor at all, it's basically a popcorn blockbuster and to the extent there is a scifi premise, it's basically Avengers Endgame depth.