The Official Movie Thread

for those of you who actually care about the MCU
https://screenrant.com/mcu-mutants-xmen-missing-mr-sinister-explain-theory/

ehh
to me this is idea just fucking stupid
why didn't they just use "multiverse of madness" to establish that the mutants do NOT exist in the MCU and then just do one of the dimensions where mutants do actually exist just gets merged into the MCU, you could have the universe-merging being done with a machine instead of magic, and then have Reed Richards build this machine in the fantastic 4 movie

NP:
MV5BMTM5OTYxNzE5N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDU1MTQ4OQ@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

...one of the dollar bin movies i picked up a while ago. Fuck it

Reactions: CiG
I remember that being nothing too special but still pretty fun. ^

All my horrorhead friends are sharing this. Looks interesting.

Ryan Reynolds dropped this teaser for Deadpool 3, with Hugh Jackman walking around in the background lol I guess that means Logan will be making an appearance.

Clive Barker is back writing and directing Hellraiser, something which hasn't happened since he sold the rights before the first one was released. With a bit of luck it will be worth watching.

Deadpool not being released until 2024 sucks, it better be worth it.

Reactions: CiG
YWBA_01.jpg

This will probably appeal to some people here. Debut feature by Aussie director, a kind of magic-realist folk horror filmed entirely in Macedonian. Raised alone in a cave until the age of 16 to be protect her from the claims of shapeshifting witch Maria, Nevena is nevertheless 'turned' by Maria and proceeds to discover the world through the different guises of the various peasants whose bodies she takes over. I saw it described as Robert Eggers meets Terrence Malick, which is pretty apt. The inner monologues of Nevena are pure Malick (either profound poetry or total nonsense depending on your perspective). The similarity to The Witch (aside from the superficial witchcraft element) is the way in which both completely eschew any glamour whatsoever in the peasant lifestyle. It also reminds me of The Enigma of Kaspar Hauser, in terms of the wide-eyed naivete of Nevena in learning about the world. What disappointed me, though, was the rather conservative morality of it all
as Nevena ends up identifying with the petty and mundane lives of the villagers rather than the free-spirited Maria.

Watching Taken 2 for the first time and holy shit the editor was a war criminal with this fucking dogshit overuse of quick cuts and shaky cam. Guy should be taken and dumped in a gutter.

did anyone notice the hole in the plot of the first one??
what made it fucked all to hell is that the hole in the plot of Taken was something that could have been fixed with another 30 sec of screentime

if you're gonna kidnap someone and ask for a ransom, you gotta make sure you kidnap the right person, to make sure you can actually get a huge ransom payday, but if you're NOT gonna ask for ransom, you've got a different problem

imagine if the kidnappers in Taken had kidnapped Paris Hilton, you see the problem right??

the girls were kidnapped after leaving one of those European shops where all the customers were Americans
you could have just shown the girls bitching about how they have no money and therefore can't afford to buy anything in the shop
you could have shown the kidnappers hearing this talk while the kidnappers are in a backroom watching the security cam footage of the store
so the kidnappers know for sure before the actual kidnapping that the girls that they kidnap are actually totally broke as opposed to the possibility of the kidnappers accidentally kidnapping someone that's actually rich

I regret asking.

You're a fucking retard. They kidnapped the girls for sex trafficking purposes, it has nothing to do with a ransom.
yes, the girls were kidnapped for sex trafficking purposes
i'm saying that because they are NOT going to ask for a ransom, they need to make sure the girls that they kidnap are broke
if rich-as-hell girls were kidnapped for sex-trafficking purposes, it wouldn't work

yes, the girls were kidnapped for sex trafficking purposes
i'm saying that because they are NOT going to ask for a ransom, they need to make sure the girls that they kidnap are broke
if rich-as-hell girls were kidnapped for sex-trafficking purposes, it wouldn't work
How the fuck is that a plot hole?

to me, it just seemed like there really really should have been a scene where the kidnappers actually know before the actual kidnapping that the girls are broke
and it could have easily been done the way i described adding less than one-minute to the total screen-time

Whether they're broke or not is completely irrelevant to anything in the movie. The point is they're young and alone in a foreign country. Fucking retard. :lol:

Whether they're broke or not is completely irrelevant to anything in the movie.
irrelevant in the movie except for the fact that in the real-world sex-traffickers actually do what i'm describing
they go through the effort of actually making absolutely sure that they're only kidnapping girls that are actually broke

irrelevant in the movie except for the fact that in the real-world sex-traffickers actually do what i'm describing
they go through the effort of actually making absolutely sure that they're only kidnapping girls that are actually broke
That's not a plot hole, that's just a conflict between the script and realism. In real life old Irish dudes don't punch their way through Europe to find sex traffickers based on two words they said through a cellphone.