The Official Movie Thread

@Slammed dunno if you use ABC's iview streaming site but they just added Limbo to it.
It's free, just gotta watch an advert before the movie starts.

MV5BOTlkMmJjOGYtMWFiNS00MzZmLThiYjItZDdmMDE2ZDg3MzA2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQ5Mzc5MDU@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Watched it last night and loved it. It's directed by Ivan Sen (Mystery Road, Goldstone etc) starring Simon Baker, and it's shot in black & white. It's about a city detective reviewing a 20 year old cold case of a missing indigenous girl in an ex-opal mining town. In typical Sen fashion everything is pretty understated and authentic, the cinematography is beautiful, and doing it in black & white makes everything feel very ghostly.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 5.jpg
4.jpg

It was on FTA a week or two back and I planned to watch it but the reviews were fucking terrible. Everything from boring, to poor story, to poor writing, to it being a snoozefest. I knew I should have watched it.
I'm going to hunt up iview. thanks

Reactions: CiG
I don't agree with all your reviews but in general when it comes to Aussie stuff we seem to agree more often than not.

• Love
I cry when I see Margot Robbie too. I cry because I wish I was 25 years younger and half a fucking shot with her!

• Haha
@Slammed dunno if you use ABC's iview streaming site but they just added Limbo to it.
It's free, just gotta watch an advert before the movie starts.

MV5BOTlkMmJjOGYtMWFiNS00MzZmLThiYjItZDdmMDE2ZDg3MzA2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQ5Mzc5MDU@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Watched it last night and loved it. It's directed by Ivan Sen (Mystery Road, Goldstone etc) starring Simon Baker, and it's shot in black & white. It's about a city detective reviewing a 20 year old cold case of a missing indigenous girl in an ex-opal mining town. In typical Sen fashion everything is pretty understated and authentic, the cinematography is beautiful, and doing it in black & white makes everything feel very ghostly.

View attachment 33824 View attachment 33823 View attachment 33822 View attachment 33826
View attachment 33825
Just finished watching it. Totally agree. That was a great movie. Baker looks like a ganster with a buzzcut and three day growth. The use of slow dialogue and silent breaks between the dialogue was brilliant. The characters were played well. I like Rob Collins, watched him in Ten Pound Poms a few weeks back and thought he played a good role there too.

Those underground hotels are fucking weird the first time. When you can remove all light from a room and have no natural light sneaking in its a completely different feeling to being in a room with the lights switched off.

• Love
Glad you liked it so much! I think it's Ivan Sen's best movie so far, probably the best Aussie movie of the last few years, or more.

I actually had no idea Rob was in Ten Pound Poms. Is the show worth watching in general? I wishlisted it but never took the dive.

• Love
Reactions: Slammed