The Official Movie Thread

Yeah I agree. I read it won a GoldenBear, whatever the fuck that is. But it should win something in the Australian Film awards, it's better than a lot of films that do win awards here. I loved the drone shots showing all the mines, it makes Australia look like swiss cheese!

I was kind of mixed about Ten Pound Poms. Overall I liked it but there was some moments in it where it got a little dull, but even those dull parts had a reason. I think Stephen Curry played a good role as the property overseer, he came off as the right amount of cunt you would expect from the time but you could tell he didn't always want to be like that. Warren Brown who played what was pretty much the lead role did pretty good keeping things interesting. While David Field played a complete bastard which I think he's prefected in nearly ever role he's played. They left it open for a second series which I think risks being too much same same, but I think the first series was worth watching. If nothing else it does show we Australians treated everybody like shit not just the Aborigines

Reactions: CiG
There is several scenes in Ten Pound Poms where David Field shows how good he is at playing an emotionless bastard.

No I haven't seen Firebite but it's going on the list right now.
Not sure why I haven't seen it. Callan Mulvey is a good actor too.

I'm going to start watching Black Snow soon. Not sure what to think of that yet, one preview looked really good, the IMDB preview not so much.

Let me know how Black Snow is. I'm generally pretty unconvinced by Travis Fimmel for some reason, but he has been in a bunch of things I liked.

Baker looks like a ganster with a buzzcut and three day growth.
Was just thinking about this. It's cool how his appearance doesn't get any direct explanation, but I assume it's because he was in the drug squad (hence his addiction) and probably had to go undercover at some point among bikies. All his tatts etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Slammed
Let me know how Black Snow is. I'm generally pretty unconvinced by Travis Fimmel for some reason, but he has been in a bunch of things I liked.

Was just thinking about this. It's cool how his appearance doesn't get any direct explanation, but I assume it's because he was in the drug squad (hence his addiction) and probably had to go undercover at some point among bikies. All his tatts etc.
I think the lack direct explanations was well done. Letting the viewer make up their own mind about some of the things without making them obvious made the story better. Where did Travis come from? Who actually trashed his car? Was it to keep him in town after he said he wasn't staying long or was it just arsehole kids? Was there a body in the grave? Even the ending where there was no actual resolve but all the pieces were there for the viewer to make up their own minds.

Why don't you two homos make an Aussie thread and jerk each other off there? Shit hasn't changed here in years 😂😂
tumblr_nv9142sRMc1u1560fo1_400.gif

"Margot Robbie is so good in good movies--and she's also in Greta Gerwig's smug, self-congratulatory, painfully obvious, subtext-free screed Barbie, playing Mattel's signature doll-for-girls, which, despite occasional attempts at empowerment, are still primarily thought of as regressive artifacts of a reductionist patriarchy. Does this review immediately sound like a didactic thesis more appropriate for a freshman-level gender-studies course? One that condescends to presume neither prior knowledge nor scholarship but rather hopes to build consensus through the most basic of shared sociological experiences, catchphrases, and facile platitudes? Well, fight fire with fire, I guess. It's tough to sit through populist groaners like Barbie because it's right about the wrongs it's angry about, but in the act of being right, it validates the criticisms of the worst people in the world--a strident preach to the choir that embitters the villains while actually showing those same incels, rapists, corporate stooges, and other clinically-twisted narcissists an uncomfortable amount of grace and mercy. I'm sympathetic, don't get me wrong. But while I think it's a long and rocky road to make something thorned and substantive out of a corporate icon under the supervision and financial control of said corporation, I'm of the mind that you might have been better off asking, say, Andrea Arnold to give it a go instead of Gerwig. Someone good, I mean. That is, if you were ever really serious about meaningful subversion as opposed to the stealth launch of your plastic-based cinematic universe using a name with a perplexing niche pedigree as the frictionless, candy-coated disguise for your rapacious intentions."

chaw went off lol

I just watched the 2020 version of Children of the Corn. It's not a great movie but the little kid Eden is the spitting image of one of my daughters friends at that age. I'll never be able to look at the friend again without thinking "psycho little bitch"!

Joshua Burge, Dweck Productions Join Joel Potrykus’ Dark Comedy ‘Vulcanizadora’
Dweck Productions has joined Joel Potrykus’ upcoming dark comedy feature “Vulcanizadora” which will star Joshua Burge.

“Vulcanizadora” will be written and directed by Potrykus, marking his fifth feature and fourth collaboration with Burge following “Ape,” “Buzzard” and “Relaxer.” Plot details for the feature have been kept under wraps with production commencing this summer in Michigan. Dweck joins the project as both producer and financier.

“‘Vulcanizadora’ is a mind bending ride of comedy, suspense and utter devastation, and we are thrilled to be producing the bold and daring fifth feature of the great Joel Potrykus,” said Dweck founder Hannah Dweck. “This is the exact type of boundary pushing, genre bending film we love to help bring to the screen. We can’t wait to watch this with an audience.”

fucking finally.

edit: “I’m incredibly stoked to be working with a company that understands what I’m up to and gives the freedom to create a film that will shake up audiences in the most unpleasant way,” added Potrykus.

lol, more spaghetti and fecal matter then?

Last edited:
  • Haha