The Official Movie Thread

Just saw 3 films in theater today, here are my short reviews

Be Kind Rewind - Hilarious film, definitely check it out especially if you're a Jack Black fan.

Bank Job - If you take this movie seriously (like it's supposed to be taken) it sucks. However if you're like me, you'll be laughing your ass off the whole time about how incredibly over-contrived it is. I mean some parts were soooo horribly cheesy.

Semi-Pro - standard Will Ferrel film, if you're a fan of his you'll like it, but it doesn't really stand out from some of his other work.

Does anyone dig The Matrix series? I admit to liking the first one for the cheesy action sequences and fairly interesting plot.

Yeah me too, i liked the first, but the two others are both crappy...

Also i watched some quebecers hockey comedies yesterday... so funny

Saw Semi-Pro on Friday because Be Kind Rewind wasn't at my local threatre. It fucking suck even though it was better than that queer as shit Ice Skating movie. I only laughed twice and it was barely more than a giggle. Will Farell either stopped doing drugs or needs to do them because his career is going to shit.

Does anyone dig The Matrix series? I admit to liking the first one for the cheesy action sequences and fairly interesting plot.

Liked 'em all.

If you watch "Animatrix" the second two films make more sense. Plus it has some awesoem fuckin' stories about people's experiance in The Matrix.

I have all 3 movies and the Animatrix.
You can understand the other 2 movies, you just have to pay a lot of attention in every movie. They make a lot of references to things they mention subtly in the other movies. I got everything before I watched the Animatrix, I just got it because I'm a dork.
It's my favorite trilogy of movies.

bronson-734160.jpg

I have all 3 movies and the Animatrix.
You can understand the other 2 movies, you just have to pay a lot of attention in every movie. They make a lot of references to things they mention subtly in the other movies. I got everything before I watched the Animatrix, I just got it because I'm a dork.
It's my favorite trilogy of movies.

I think they just tried to kind of glide over things (I haven't seen the second two in a while) but I'm pretty sure in one of them Morpheus explains how the machines are using humans as energy. It makes sense, but if you watch Animatrix it explains it alot better (and slightly slower) in The Second Renaissance pt. II. I got most of what was going on in the movie to, but certain things I missed because there was no time to think, something else was being explained straight after (which happens, to a certain extent, in every movie). So I can understand why some people didn't know what was going on.

Just lame that in 2 and 3 they got lazy and dropped the real bullet time effects, for CGI bullet time.

I have a feeling that once someone invents photo-realistic CGI, there's gonna be this "era of bad movies" somewhere between the 90s and when it gets invented, where movies that used pre-photo-realistic CGI will be laughed at because that stuff sticks out like a sore thumb, and will even more so when it's older. Then some guys might try to restore old movies by doing better CGI and putting it over the old stuff.

Of course all the movies that hid their CGI well, or didn't use it will still be watchable.

Liked 'em all.

If you watch "Animatrix" the second two films make more sense. Plus it has some awesoem fuckin' stories about people's experiance in The Matrix.

I understood the sequels just fine, I just didn't like them and they were somewhat of an excuse to advertise raybans.

The first one was legitimately good, the others sucked, tbh. During the fight with all the Agent Smiths in the second, it looked like an xbox game.
Just lame that in 2 and 3 they got lazy and dropped the real bullet time effects, for CGI bullet time.

I have a feeling that once someone invents photo-realistic CGI, there's gonna be this "era of bad movies" somewhere between the 90s and when it gets invented, where movies that used pre-photo-realistic CGI will be laughed at because that stuff sticks out like a sore thumb, and will even more so when it's older. Then some guys might try to restore old movies by doing better CGI and putting it over the old stuff.

Of course all the movies that hid their CGI well, or didn't use it will still be watchable.
I actually see this happening. If you watch 90s movies like Dungeons And Dragons now the CG looks absolutely ridiculous.