The Official Movie Thread

Many people may overlook this movie like I did but Paris, Je T'Aime is glorious movie that packs around 20 short films into a two hour movie. I can not suggest this movie enough. Watch this now!

I saw the host a couple days ago. The monster was cool. Although the movie should have been a lot more brutal.

I took film in HS so I know all about that crap. Citizen Kane is a terrible movie too, doesnt make it a good movie because the guy shot at different angles etc.

In terms of a film it's very well made, not just in terms of cinematography, but it gets across it's story very well. Not the best story(Rich man lost his childhood, boohoo), but it's still executed and developed well. You may not have enjoyed the movie, but not liking the subject matter doesn't make a movie bad. Personally I thought Casablanca was far superior as classics go.

I just saw American Psycho last week; very smart film. I was actually surprised at just how good it was. It was so good in fact that it inspired me to write a paper about Marxism and Postmodernism around it.

Yeah it really is an amazing film, and the novel is so ridiculously well done...it's basically THE guide on how to write and develop a character...just absolutely ridiculous.

^I've been hearing alot of talk about this movie. Plot etc?

A guy named Llewelyn stumbles across a drug deal gone wrong. He finds a suitcase full of money and takes off with it. Then there's this crazy fuck named Anton Chigurh going after the money and he basically kills anything that talks to him. And then there's a sheriff played by Tommy Lee Jones who's trying to make it to retirement and save Llewelyn from killing himself.

that's the basic jist of the film.

Oh geeze, another cop on the verge of retirement that gets sucked in to something that threatens him. How many times has that been used in movies :erk:

Just watched No Country For Old Men. Loved it. The Coen brothers win again.

Yes. The villain was awesome. Brilliant dialouge too.

I've been watching older John Woo movies lately. I've seen A Better Tomorrow I & II, The Killer and Hard Boiled so far. They were all awesome.

Also, I got the Evil Dead trilogy. Watched the first movie, loved it. Gonna watch the other two sometime this week. I've seen Army of Darkness before, but I just have to see that one again.

Also, I got the Evil Dead trilogy. Watched the first movie, loved it. Gonna watch the other two sometime this week. I've seen Army of Darkness before, but I just have to see that one again.

Evil dead for the fucking win. II is by far the best in my opinion.

Also I might have to give No Country For Old Men a second viewing, it didn't really appeal to me the first time.