The Official Movie Thread

This weekend ive watched
boondock saints
silence of the lambs and
no country for old men

all 3 are amazing movies.
boondock saints is perhaps my new favorite movie of all time.

i also really liked no country, but i didnt really like the ending that much.

idk, i need to see it again to get everything out of it.

Rob "Klister";7067526 said:
i just got done watching 13 tzameti. good stuff but the ending pissed me off.is anyone else sick of it when main character/s die at the end of films.like in layercake,dirty mary crazy larry,vanishing point, and american history x.

everytime this happens i have to say "you got to be fuckin kidding me"
then the rest of my day is ruined

it depends on the rest of the story, but occasionally I prefer the main character dieing over living. Lady Snowblood is a perfect example of this, it wouldn't have as much meaning if she lived, nor would she really get anything out of life after.

This weekend ive watched
boondock saints
silence of the lambs and
no country for old men

Boondock saints is a bit overrated IMO. It was cool, but the main characters annoyed me a bit. Still a lot better than the other crap out there though.

This weekend ive watched
boondock saints
silence of the lambs and
no country for old men

No Country is better the second time around

it also annoys me when people state the obvious. like in lord of the rings, as the orc army is advancing on minus tirith(i think, ive only seen the movies once)when that guy just has to say "i has begun". really. it didnt make it any more dramatic. it just makes me think...oh...thanks...i missed the last half hour, thanks for catching me up.

Rob "Klister";7067526 said:
i just got done watching 13 tzameti. good stuff but the ending pissed me off.is anyone else sick of it when main character/s die at the end of films.like in layercake,dirty mary crazy larry,vanishing point, and american history x.

Yes! 13 Tzameti was such an awesome fucking movie except for the ending. I wanted the guy to get hired by one of the other bookies and kind of really get into it but whatever.

I like the ending for 13 tzameti, it was ironic. Kind of illustrates the whole ugly nature of the underground gambling. Even if you do get lucky and win you end up pissing someone off and getting killed anyway. You kind of have to dis attach yourself from the main character to appreciate sad endings IMO.

I think I've fallen in love with Stanley Kubrick and his amazing movies.

Phenomenal director. He's made some of the most important and monumental movies of all time. And the effects in 2001: A Space Odyssey are still some of the best I've ever seen, and it was made in 1969!

Just watched No Country For Old Men. It was phenomenal.

Such a good movie; I can't wait to watch it a second time.

Boondock Saints is fine. I can't wait until the sequel comes out.

They're making a sequel?

I like the ending for 13 tzameti, it was ironic. Kind of illustrates the whole ugly nature of the underground gambling. Even if you do get lucky and win you end up pissing someone off and getting killed anyway. You kind of have to dis attach yourself from the main character to appreciate sad endings IMO.

i always get attached to the characters. i root for them and want them to succeed, and when they dont it just becomes a disappointment.