The Official Movie Thread

Speaking of which, I just saw Crime Wave, which is directed by Sam Raimi, Written by the Coen Brothers, with Bruce Campbell as one of the main roles. It was just a straight up comedy and it was hilarious.

Not to change the subject or anything...

But I just watched Scanners. I am not exactly sure what to think of the movie. I loved the idea behind it, and the exploding head scene was fucking incredible, but something about the film just wasn't executed to the fullest.

Some of his films have to grow on you. I agree that head exploding scene is wicked in there, but the psychic battle at the end is just incredible. Cronenberg has become my favorite director probably within the last couple of years.

Fargo any good? I know it's Coen Bros, I just haven't gotten around to watching it yet.

Fargo is amazing, though the humor and style might be a bit too subtle for some. My roommates didn't really get it, but they didn't hate it either.

3:10 to Yuma

Incredible film. Very subtle plot and excellent acting, even from Russel Crowe.

However.

***** Spoiler ****

Why the fuck did they have him escape in the end ? It completely ruined the point of his self-imposed redemption in an attempt to give a great, gritty western a fucking happy-feel hollywood ending. Lame.